The Falcon & The Winter Soldier: Chapter 08

EP 3:

Later that night Vanessa walked to the party that Sharon was hosting. Upbeat music was playing as Vanessa walked around looking at the artworks trying to blend in. "Hey, guys. I found him" Sharon said.

Sharon lead them to a container storage site. "Madripoor could give New York a run for its money" Sam said. "They know how to party" Zemo told them. 'They've never been to a Mexican party' Vanessa thought to herself. "With that bounty on your head, the longer you're in Madripoor, the less likely you're ever leaving. All right. He's in there. Container four-two-six-one. I'll keep an eye out while you guys talk to Nagel. But hurry. We're on borrowed time" Sharon told them as she gave them each comms.

Sam, Bucky, Zemo, and Vanessa all went inside the container to find that it was empty. "Hey, Sharon. You sure this is the right one? It's completely empty" Sam said through the comms. "Positive. It has to be." Zemo then approaches the far end wall and pushes it, making it open. As soon as it opens there is a song playing in the distance. Vanessa takes out her two daggers and follows in after Sam, Bucky, and Zemo.

As they go inside the music gets much louder. Inside there is a man, Dr. Nagel presumably. Zemo then stops the needle on the record player causing the man to turn around. "Dr. Nagel?" Sam asks him. "Who are you? What do you want?" The man asks. "We know you created the super-soldier serum" Sam tells him rather calm. "Get out of my lab" the man says beginning to walk away only to run into Bucky. "Hey! You know who he is, right? This is Baron Zemo. I know you've heard of him, too, right? You seem like a pretty smart guy. So you better become conversational real quick" Sam tells him. "How about a counter proposal? Make me a better offer and I'll talk" Dr. Nagel tells Sam.

"Guys, we have company" Sharon suddenly says through the comms, "Every bounty hunter in the city is here. We gotta go!" "I'll buy you some time" Vanessa tells them running out before they had any time to argue. She reaches the outside to find man looking for them. "Give me a lift will you" Vanessa tells a ghost to her left.

Vanessa moves silently on top of the containers, targeting the men and incapacitating before they get the chance to attack. Vanessa jumped from the container when she saw a man heading for Sharon as she was struggling with a man. "Hi" Vanessa says as she land on top of him knocking him to the ground. The man pushed Vanessa off of him and standing up to get her. "Fucking hell!" Vanessa, who was still wearing her heels, kicked him in the face causing some blood to appear. She went to kick him in the chest, only to be grabbed by the leg and be slammed against one of the containers. "Oh that is defiantly going to bruise tomorrow" Vanessa muttered to herself.

As the man got closer to Vanessa, she used her dagger to cut across the back of his knee. The man tumbled over, his leg no longer able to sustain their weight. Then another man come running to attack Vanessa, but before he got close she threw a knife at him. Hitting him in the thigh. The man pulled it out like it was nothing, and continued towards Vanessa. She puts both of her daggers back in their sheath that formed an X on her back and sprinted towards the man. She slid underneath her legs and punched him. As soon as he bent over in pain she kicked him in the face with her heel, knocking him out. "Really should've worn other shoes" she told herself.

The next person to attack her was not alone. There were three men coming at her all of them armed. "Oh fuck." The man nearest to her began to shoot at her as soon as she come into sight. Vanessa barely had time to move behind a storage unit to avoid being shot. She took out one of her daggers just as one of the men come to look for her. He ended up with a dagger in the chest and being used as a shield. As she got closer towards the other two men, she kicked one of them in the stomach causing him to bend over. She jumped on top of his back and pushed herself forwards, grabbing to other man by the neck with her legs. She then leaned back causing the man to flip over and landing on his face. The other man was still bending over so she kicked him in the face and knocked him out.

Just then Vanessa heard on explosion, "Shit!" When she arrived there she saw that the container where the lab was had been destroyed. Only thing left was fire and smoke. "Sam!" She yelled "Bucky!" She didn't see them come out, but what she did see was more bounty hunters arriving. "Damn it!" she said, as she ran out towards them and began fighting them. This time she was really outnumbered six to one.

Vanessa continued to fight all of the men as best as she could, until there was even more shooting. Only this time it wasn't aimed towards her, it was to the hunters. Then another explosion happened very near Vanessa, as someone wearing a maroon mask jumped down and killed any of the remaining hunters.

"Come on. We got to go!" Bucky said pulling Vanessa forward. Vanessa ran slightly covering her head to avoid getting hit. Sam pulled open one of the container storage's and pushed them all inside. Meanwhile Bucky pulled off a metal pole from the container and fought off any of the remaining hunters.

They waited a few minutes, until they heard nothing then left the container. Vanessa looked around half expecting hunters to appear again. Then the sound of an engine sounded behind her. She turned around and saw Zemo driving a car, "Supercharged" he said. "You're going back to jail" Sam tells him. "Do you want to find Karli or not?" Zemo asks.

"He's right. We need him. And there's three of us, and at least 20 of them. Come on" Bucky tells Sam as he opens the door and takes a seat in the passenger side. Vanessa moves towards the back seat and closed her eyes, 'I hate cars' she says to herself. "Fine. But if you try that shit again..." Sam says. "I wouldn't dream of it" Zemo says.

Sharon approaches the car and says, "Well, that was one hell of a reunion." "Come back to the States with us" Sam tells her. "I told you I can't. Just get me that pardon you promised me." "Thanks for everything" Sam tells her then looks at where he is seated, "You're not gonna move your seat up, are you." "No" Bucky says.

Although the ride to the jet wasn't very long, to Vanessa it felt eternal. As soon as they arrive to the plane, Vanessa makes her way to the bathroom to change her clothes. As she walks out she hears Sam on the phone. "Donya Madani. She's a refugee, yeah" Sam says to Torres on the phone, "Okay. Call me if you get a hit. Thanks Torres."

Sam leans his head back and lets out a sigh. "You okay?" Bucky asks. "Yeah. Just thinking about all the shit Sharon had to go through. And Nagel referring to the American test subject like Isaiah wasn't even a real person. Just makes me wonder how many people have to get steamrolled to make way for this hunk of metal" Sam says. "Well, it depends on who you ask. That hunk of metal saved a lot of lives" Bucky tells him. "Yeah, I get that. All right. Maybe I made a mistake" Sam says referring to when he gave up the Captain America shield. "You did" Bucky says. "Yeah. Maybe I shouldn't have put it in a museum. Maybe I should have destroyed it" Sam says. "Look, that shield represents a lotta things to a lotta people, including me," Bucky says shifting his body to look directly at Sam, "The world is upside down, and we need a new Cap, and it ain't gonna be Walker. So before you go and destroy it, I'm gonna take it from him myself."

Sam doesn't get to answer as his cellphone rings. Just then Zemo comes out of the gallery and hands Vanessa a plate of food. "Thank you" she tells him. "Yeah. Yeah. Okay. Thanks. Good work" Sam tells Torres, then turns to everyone else, "They found Madani... Dead. She died in Riga, a city near the Baltic Sea." "I have a place we can go. I, for one, am looking forward to coming face to face with Karli. Oeznik, we're changing the course" Zemo says.