Council meeting (part 2)

Once the two have been escorted out the entire room turns to face me "Thank you for coming forward and revealing the truth to us." I bow my head slightly "Pleasure. I suppose you'll send me back to the Isle?" Ben shakes his head "No. You have proven yourself to be a different person, besides I don't think your brother or niece would ever forgive us for sending you back." I nod slightly smiling "Much appreciated." 

Belle smiles sweetly "Who is your brother?" Robin grins "That would be me. Its a long story." looks of shock are through out the room but no one says anything. Ben turns to Fairy Godmother "How do we re-open the barrier?" she smiles lightly "I'll take care of it." Robin steps forward "What if we bought it down entirely?" Beast frowns "No." Ben shrugs "Why not? I think its been proven that everyone deserves a second chance. All the VKs deserve a good life but some of them do truly love their parents. Don't they deserve to stay together. They have been locked on the Isle long enough, no one deserves to be locked in a cage." 

The room is silent so I step forward "If I may say something," no one objects so I continue "The Isle is unsanitary and awful. There is no fresh food, no health system and no proper schooling with crime everywhere simply because people can not afford to buy the limited food there is. Auradon can afford to help them. If you showed them help and compassion maybe they might realize that being a villain is not very rewarding. Some won't change but most will come around I'm sure of it." 

Belle smiles slightly "I agree." Beast gives her a shocked look but she ignores him and turns to Ben "However this is a huge decision, we will allow the people to vote. The VKs will be allowed to return either way in small groups, but we will leave it to the people to decide the fate of the barrier." everyone lets out small murmurs of agreement only a select few remaining silent. Beast lets out a long sigh "Very well, we will announce this tomorrow. Dismissed." 

I walk to Robin and bow slightly towards Merida "Pleasure to meet you." she frowns glaring slightly "I don't entirely like you. You did let Robin go but you also took him in the first place. But you also agreed to help Y/N." she sighs "Robin likes you so I suppose that's good enough for me." I chuckle and Robin kisses her temple clasping me on the shoulder "Thanks for all your help." I shrug "Least I could do. Y/N's back at the school with her friends." they both nod and we follow everyone else out the room leaving only Ben, his parents and Fairy Godmother probably to discuss the announcement tomorrow.