C h a p t e r 3 0

"Well yeah, all I had to do was win against one hundred twenty prisoners in Trick Tower" Y/n explained "You did all of that by yourself!?" Leorio asked surpirsed "Yeah so what's Gon doing?" She asked tilting her to the side looking towards him "We have to win against 3 prisoners of Trick Tower to pass this part" Killua explained "Is that why Gon's holding a candle?" She asked even more confused "Their trying to see how long their candles will last" As he says that Gon's candle began to melt rapidly, the flame became bigger. Just as it was close to burning out he dashed towards the prisoner in front of him and blew out his candle leaving him in shock.

They have now gained 1 point.

Next was Kurapika, he went up against a a bulky blue man who in some way resembled frankenstein. He tried to act as frightening as possible but no matter what he did he didn't startle Kurapika at all. As a last resort he showed something on his back, a large spider tattoo was on his back. This triggered something in Kurapika making him feel an intense emotion causing his eyes to turn scarlet red, he then grabbed his face and smashed him into the ground.

He then returned back to their side of the room and sat down "Hey kurapika you did-" Leorio got cut off when he turned his head to look at him with his red eyes 'He really is the last survivor' Y/n thought to herself looking sadly at him.

---------------□■□■

After Leorio had lost them fifty hours they were forced to stay in a room for the time being. Y/n had decided to stay with them but wanted to leave after the fifty hours were up to head down to the last floor. A few hours had already passed, everyone was asleep but a question still remained stuck in Y/n's mind causing her to stay awake. Giving into her thoughts she goes to wake up Kurapika.

To not disturb anyone she softly shoke the male awake causing him to stir in his sleep turning around to look at the her "Hm Y/n did you need something?" Kurapika whispered rubbing his eyes sitting up "Can I ask you something?" She asked whispering "Yeah what is it?" He responded "Why did you get so mad when you saw that spider tattoo on that guy's back?" She asked crossing her legs "Oh! Uh if you dont mind me asking" She said scratching her head apologetically, he let out a light chuckle "No it's okay" He said reassuring her.

"The group that killed my people are called the Phantom Troupe or the Spiders. A few years ago they massacred my clan and toke their eyes" As he said that his eyes began to show a light shade of red once again 'And they were going to ask me to join them' She thought to herself now worried "Hey so why'd you wanna know that?" He asked in some way suspicious "Well..." She stopped herself to think 'Should I really tell him?' She thought looking at Kurapika with confliction. Kurapika looked confused but at the same time saddened by her expression.

"You dont have to if-" He couldn't finish his sentence as she leaned closer to his ear to whisper her answer "I have a pair of their eyes" She whispered making his eyes grow wide. When she backed away she looked up at him, his face showed anger and confusion "Why do you have them?" He asked trying to surpress his anger "I got them for my 9th birthday. According to Gon he said I had it clutched in my arms the day I ended up in Whale Island" She curled her legs up to her chest "I could have just gone home but I didn't know how to. I was never let out of the estate so I barely knew how it was like outside" She had no reason to have told Kurapika about this but it always bothered her to the point she couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Being born a Zoldyck didn't mean I would get the strength and power the day I was born. In reality I was born weak, different from my siblings" She said leaning her head against the wall 'Even when I was Tsukiko I'd often get lost and needed Grandpa to give me directions home' She thought digging her head deeper in her knees "I'm sorry Kurapika" She buried her head into her knees, he felt sympathy for the girl. In some ways he could understand her "Hey it's not your fault" He spoke rubbing her back, comforting her.

'But it is. You'd be mad at me if you find out that I know them, I don't want to lie to you or reveal that I know them' She stayed silent continuing to hug her legs into her chest 'What am I going to do?' 

I know the update this week is a bit shorter, sorry about that 😅

Since school isn't so far away updates will get even slower than usual so I'll try my best to update when I can

But anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and

What do you think Kurapika will be like when he finds out Y/n knows the Phantom Troupe?