Chapter Eight

*Ella's POV*

~~~"I'm sorry! I'm sorry dad!!" I yelled as his fist came down and hit me again in the cheek.  

"Shutup!" his cold voice ran threw the house as he hit my small 8 year old face. I didn't know what I did wrong. He had been drinking I could tell but that isn't an excuse to do this. BAM another punch was thrown. I was lying on the ground crying, screaming my mother's name but she wasn't going to come and help me. "Mommy isn't here! She's away in the army and she's not coming back just to help your sorry ass! oh and Ella, this is just between me and you, or else."  

~~~ 

"Please... Mom. Mom Mom..."

"Ella , its me Beth, wake up."

"Beth?" I cried out weakly. I slowly opened my eyes to find a very unfamiliar room. The hospital?

"I'm here. So is Harry, Niall, Liam, Zayn, and Louis. Ella sweetie you had a bad dream."

"Did you hear everything?" I asked cautiously making sure the boys didnt hear. They didnt need to know everything about me just quite yet.

"No, only the part where you were asking about your mum."

"Why, why am I here?" I asked

"You were having a shower, and you slipped on some water and hit your head. You have been out for about two days. Do you remember all of us?" Beth said. I looked around at the rest of the boys, and smiled. Of course I remembered them. I nodded.

"Good. I'll go get the nurse okay?"

"Yeah, okay." Beth left and the boys walked over.

"Ella, I am so happy you are okay!" Niall said as he kissed my temple. Liam gave me a kiss on the temple too. "Glad to have ya back!" Harry, Louis, and Zayn gave me bear hugs. Then Beth walked back in with I'm guessing who the nurse was.

"Hello Ella, I'm Danielle. It seems to me that your getting so much better, and you remember everyone?" she asked, and I nodded

"That's good to hear, well ill be back with your discharge sheets." she then left the room. I looked around to see Louis on his phone.

"Louis has been texting a mystery girl that he met at the bar we went to." Niall said beside me. Louis just rolled his eyes.

"If you must know her name is Emily."

"BooBear! Your cheating on me?!" Harry gasped.

"Don't worry Haz I still love you, but what happens when you get with Beth, ill be alone." he winks making Harry and Beth blush. Just then for perfect timing Danielle walks back in.

"Even though you have been sleeping this whole time your going to need a lot of rest! I'm counting on you guys to take good care of her." The boys and Beth nod at her.

"Danielle can I have you number... you know for.... uh.... in case something happens to Ella again?" Liam asked while rubbing the back of his neck. Smooth Liam ;)

"Yeah, for sure!" she handed him a small slip of paper.

"thanks! we better get going huh?" Liam said to the rest if us.

"thank you so much Danielle. you've been wonderful!" Beth says to her as were all walking out the door.

"Awe thank you, I'm just doing my job." with that, we left the hospital. Beth was pushing my wheelchair until Louis volunteered to push me but then he acidentally hit me into the wall, then Zayn wanted a turn then Harry. Liam wanted to be the responsible one so he just opened the doors and stuff, he needs to let loose. Though it's nice having someone to look up to. We all hopped in the car and drive back to the boys' flat.

"Beth what about your mom? She is going to be worried sick!" I say frantically.

"No worries I've called her and I've got it covered." She replies casually .

"okay, good. I'm so tired." I yawn and walked straight over to the couch not caring if I should have stayed in my wheelchair, then I laid down. I curled up and closed my eyes and fell asleep hoping and praying that this time I wouldn't have a nightmare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes slowly opened as I woke up to the sound of the TV.

"Mmm turn, down." I mumbled.

"Sorry love." the Irish lad said.

"where is everyone?"

"they all decided to go grocery shopping. I decided it would be better if someone was here when you woke up so I stayed. how was you sleep?"

"Great." That's a lie. I had another nightmare.

"it sure didn't sound like it was great." he said.

"what, what all did you hear?" I asked cautiously

"You just sounded very scared, your breathing became a little faster and I don't know you just kept repeating 'no please stop!' ...was it a nightmare, do you want to talk what it was about? Sometimes that helps." he asked

"no it's fine. Thanks though." I said with a smile. he smiled back and came to sit beside me. I laid my head on his lap and closed my eyes just enjoying his presence as he played with my hair.

"No problem love." Ugh his accent... I love that accent.

*Liam's POV*

Niall stayed back to wait for when Ella wakes up. I hope I am not the only one who sees that they look adorable together. As we were all walking through the front door to the flat I looked to the couch and quickly 'shhhh'ed everyone and point my finger at the couch. Niall's head was over the arm rest and Ella's head was on Niall's chest. Everyone 'Aww'ed and we all headed to the kitchen to start dinner. Niall is a great guy and she would be so lucky to have him. But it works the same way with Ella too, she is amazing and if Niall hurts her ill okay the big brother role. Beth and Ella are like my little sisters already!