33. Friend?

Author's POV:-

Jimin drove off back to Seoul after the deal, Half heartedly. Half of his heart was left in Daegu with the specific someone.

The journey was quite long. All he did the whole drive was looking at the picture of Areum with him. They clicked some at the club.

He was admiring the slightest of details. From her beautiful eyes to her rosy pink lips which he got to savour. Her face was a light shade of pink because of being drunk.

He smiled as all the memories flooded to his mind. Even the old ones with Minkyu. He sighed knowing she was just a past now.

He wants to get over her but he can't seem to. After all the time spent with Areum, his mind goes back to Minkyu. He keeps on attaching those together.

He still can't believe how such a similar person can be found. It was a huge coincidence. Suddenly his phone rang taking him out of this thoughts.

Tae is calling....

The phone showed. He gasped a bit. Not because he was taken aback by the caller but because he suddenly thought how will Taehyung react if he gets to know about such a person like Areum to exist.

He hesitatingly picked up the phone. He held it close to his ear. He gulped and breathed a long breath in and throwing it out.

"Tae." He spoke trying hard not to show his nervous self.

"Jimin, are you coming back?" His raspy voice pierced. It sounded almost like a whisper but Jimin was used to it.

Since Minkyu's tragic death, Taehyung lost his enthusiasm and soulful voice. He was no longer interested in his job or even in himself.

"Yeah, I am on the way. I will reach in 30 minutes maybe." He said as he passed his tongue over his lower lip to make it wet.

"Fine." And with that the line was ended.

And yes this is how Taehyung has a conversation. Small words. No interest. Few seconds. End.

Jimin sighed loudly and looked at his screen. Wallpaper of Minkyu, lockscreen of Areum.

He was sliding through social media. He saw an article with the title : The exploded hospital under-construction. Funded by the government.

He looked at it silently. The picture attached to the headline was the same one which was shown to them when the accident occured.

People moved on so fast. They will build a new hospital and everything will go back to normal for them. But we, we won't get back what we lost. Who will give us our Minkyu back?

These thoughts invaded his mind. He thought about Areum and then about Taehyung.

"Should I tell him about her?" He spoke to himself looking at his lockscreen.

"If I tell him about her existence, he will get her for himself. He will make her fall for him or worse he will kidnap her." He said softly in a whisper.

After a few minutes of silence and mindful of thoughts, his lips formed a smirk.

"Sometimes we need to be selfish, right? So this is the time I should think about myself. I, too, deserve love." He said huskily with a low chuckle.

We are told always about how we have a devil as well as an angel inside us. What makes us good or bad is who we choose to dictate us.

This time Jimin chose the wrong side. The devil's side. A side which makes everything a mess. And we always regret leaning at that side. So will he, right?