chapter thirty

A N G E L I N A

For once in like my whole lifetime, New York is not busy.

Maybe it is because I am walking around on the morning Christmas Eve or maybe it's just not busy. I wiped my eyes as I kept on walking, truthfully I do not know where I am going or why I left.

My voice feels like it is gone but I can not do this anymore, I turned the corner walking up to this Christmas store I own. I do not directly own it but I own it I walked inside looking at all the beautiful decorations.

I looked over to the cashiers who immediately spotted me and became scared "No no no" I said with my voice coming out like a whisper. "Do you guys have candy canes?" I asked making one girl point to aisle three.

I walked into aisle three to see a shitload of candy canes in different flavours I went back to the front and grabbed a cart making my way to aisle three. I got a lot of candy canes and made my way back to the front, "Are you okay?" One of them asked.

I looked at the cashier who is looking at me weirdly as I put the boxes onto the counter for her to scan. I nodded as I put the last box up "But you are crying" She said making me touch my face to see I am in fact crying.

"Yes but I am fine" I said as she put all of my boxes into a bag, I paid for the candy canes and took my bag from her. "Merry Christmas" I said as I walked out of the store and used my sleeve to wipe my eyes. 

I ate candy canes on my walk over to one of my buildings, I used the hand recognition allowing my door to open up for me. I made my way inside to see it completely empty not empty like no prisoners like empty with no guards. I took off my hat as I walked into the elevator and pressed the top floor.

I made my way out of the elevator and entered my office, I turned on my PA system as I sat down. "Hello everyone, I am currently having a mental breakdown but it's whatever. Happy holidays everyone!" I said.

"I would give you guys candy canes but you would definitely turn them into shives and try to escape. I am planning on coming around and torturing you all so hopefully that makes me stop crying." I said as I turned off the PA system.

I played Christmas music as I worked on the things I said I would do after Christmas as I ate the candy canes, I ended up finishing stuff that I was supposed to do in January.

I looked over to the clock to see it's now four pm I took off my coat and scarf. I touched my face to see I am still crying, "What the fuck?" I asked as I put on gloves and grabbed one of my torture boxes and candy cane box.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

"You have killed everyone in the building and yet you are still crying." The man said as I wiped my eyes with my sleeve. "I am well aware." I said as I sighed.  "Can I have a Quran?" He asked making me nod, "Yeah if I have one." I said as I walked out of the cell.

I am well aware I am a bitch and a monster but, he knows he is about to die so the least I can do is let him pray one more time.

I found a Quran in my office and gave him some privacy as he prayed. "Whatever is bothering you won't go away until you discuss it with the people hurting you or give yourself closure from it" He said.

"I'll keep that in mind" I said as I picked up a knife and sighed "I'm sorry" I said making him smile at me as he nodded. "I deserve to be punished for my crimes" He said. I slit his throat making him choke on his blood and die.

I made my way into thr office to see that it is ten pm I put on my coat, hat and scarf back on then walked out of my building to see that the sun has set and it's kind of dark now.