chapter nineteen

A N G E L I N A

"What about my mother?"

I looked over to Nicolas who is done getting ready. "Fucking speak Paige, what about my mother?" I asked once again.

"I think you should just come to the hospital." She said as she hung up and my phone dinged. I looked at it to see that she sent me the address to the hospital as if I don't own it.

I looked down at Nicolas who is putting heels on my feet. "I need to go to the hospital" I said as he stood up straight. "I know baby" He said as he grabbed his car keys.

He grabbed the bags he packed. "You are in shock because you feel like your mother is hurt. If she is she is going to need you by her side." He said as he wiped my eyes.

I nodded as I frowned then sighed I cracked my knuckles as we walked out of my room making our way downstairs.

I walked outside to the car while he went to go grab the twins, I helped him put them in their car eats then we got into the car as he walked over to the drivers side.

He held out his hand as he began to drive making me place my hand in his hand, he squeezed my hand and kissed it.

"You can go, we will catch up" Nicolas said as he pulled up infront of the hospital. I got out of the car to see Christopher waiting for me, "Where is she?" I asked as he immediately hugged me.

He took me to the ICU floor then into a room I walked inside to see my mom with a bruised face in the hospital bed and my dad is at her side.

"Internal bleeding, they stopped it but they are keeping her here for observation." Christopher said as I walked farther into the room.

"She is supposed to be on bed rest" My dad said once he saw me. "What happened?" I asked as I took her hand in mine, I wiped my eyes as I sighed.

"She was walking and you know how she likes fresh air. She was randomly attacked and stabbed but she managed to call 911." Christopher said.

"Find me whoever that was. I don't want any damage done to them this is mine." I said and Christopher nodded "I already have people searching" He said.

"Where are the twins?" Christopher asked "With Nicolas downstairs" I said as I squeezed my moms hand.

"Why is Nicolas downstairs?" My dad asked making me and Christopher stare at him "You know for someone who inserted yourself into my family's business claiming to be very smart you sure are dense." I said as I grabbed a chair pulling it closer to the bed.

"I want a list on what mafia has men in New York and have security doubled at everyone's house including this hospital." I said making Christopher squeeze my shoulder.

"I did not insert Nicolas into your life, I inserted him into Damon and Ale's life." He said, "He is the father of my children and he is always going to be in my life regardless." I said making him stare at me.

"I do not want him back in your life" He said making me stare at him. "You do not get to make those type of choices for me, this is my life. I will let whoever I want inside of it." I said and he nodded.

"The same way you let Alfonzo inside of your life and he stabbed you five times? Kidnapped your children?" He asked, "Or the same way you let yourself fall in love with a man who took you as a joke and literally doesn't respect you because you are a woman." He said.

"What did he say to you? You can't put your feelings to the side and what needs to be done because you are a woman. You put your feelings before business and quite frankly I agree with him." He said.