chapter twenty six

A N G E L I N A

"Stop it."

I smiled as I pulled myself up the covers and locked eyes with Nicolas. "Merry Christmas!" I said to Nicolas making him raise his eyebrows. "Really?" He asked making me nod as he pulled me down onto his chest hugging me.

"Menace" He said as he kissed my head, "Far from it" I said making him chuckle as he kissed my head. "Pretty Angelina" He said as I looked up at him. "Annoying Nicolas" I said which made him smile.

He placed his hands on my bare waist rubbing it up and down "What did you get me for Christmas?" He asked which made me make a face.

"Something that you will love.....once I get it" I said making him raise his eyebrows, "Once you get it?" He asked.

I already have Nicolas's gifts wrapped and ready to go, I just want to toy with him.

"We haven't been on good terms. Why would I go out of my way and buy you Christmas gifts?" I asked with a 'duh' face. "I went out of my way and still bought you Christmas and birthday gifts." He said.

"That is so kind of you. But I didn't return the favour." I said as I kissed his chest. "I know and it's fine. I have not been a really good significant other and I for damn sure haven't been a good significant other." He said.

I looked up at him then kissed his cheek. "Nicolas you have the ability to. I know you do. Look at the way you act when they are around, they love you." I said.

"But?" He asked making me smile, "But anytime we get into an argument you cannot stop playing the father role." I said as I sighed.

"You don't get to pick and choose, you are now in this for life no outs if you don't want that I am not going to force it on you." I said.

"No, I want it I want to be here with you and them I am sorry" He said as he kissed my cheek, "They love you Nicolas and you've made them attached to you." I said making him kiss my head repeatedly.

"I know and I am so sorry." He said, "Shut the-" I sighed then looked up at him "Stop apologizing." I said which made him smile.

"What do you want me to do?" He asked. "Stop picking and choosing." I said and he nodded. "From now on I shall stop picking and choosing." He said.

"Can I see what you got me?" I asked making him shake his head no, "It's not your birthday nor is it Christmas" He said making me roll my eyes.

"I have to wait for my birthday?" I asked, "Yes thats the whole point of birthday gifts" He said making me smile.

I removed his hand from my waist and locked it with mine, "I know that I was at well still am at fault for keeping them away from you-"

"Angelina you did what you thought was right." He said as he cut me off. "You were mad at it." I said. "Well. I was thrown off guard. One night I am just Nicolas and the Nicolas the father of two sons." He said making me frown.

"You may see why one would be upset" He said as he lifted my hand into the air then kissed it."I feel that thing when someone feels for someone, empathy" I said as I looked up at him to see him trying to understand what I said, "Is this you apologizing?" He asked.