prologue

N I C O L A S

3 years.

1,095 days without Angelina.

It has been 3 years since me and Angelina broke up. I've been a fucking mess. The first month she left was good for me.

I was fine, I wasn't sad or heartbroken.

There was Alex's funeral which she didn't show up to, I understand we broke up you could've showed up for Alfonzo. She disappeared off the face of the earth for two years, she was still running her mafias but no one had physically seen her.

Today makes it a year since she returned, i've had my men keep tabs on her but I never got word back because her men would kill them before they could get back to me.

"Are you coming back to bed babe?" I turned around and looked over to the girl I met at my club last night "It's 12pm, I don't know why your still here."

"You're a dirt bag" She said as she stood up, "A real fucking asshole." She said as she started to put on her clothes. "Tell me something I don't know" I said as I turned back around and looked out the window.

Alfonzo walked in just as she walked out and she purposely bumped into him. "What the fuck?" He asked as I stopped looking at him.

"She didn't realize she was a one night stand." I said as I walked over to him. "Anything?" I asked making him shake his head no, "You will be attending two new funerals." He said making me sigh.

"You need to stop sending your men over there, you know she will have them killed. You are literally sending them to their death." He said as he looked around.

"Piss off." I said as he walked over to my nightstand, "Can I use your phone for something?" He asked as he grabbed my phone before I could even respond.

My lockscreen is a picture of Angelina and my mother smiling, this is when they were cooking together and my mom needed a picture to send to everyone to broad cast her daughter in law.

Alfonzo knows my passcode which means he just unlocked my phone, my last opened app was photos and I was looking at a picture that was taken of me and Angelina at her 20th birthday ball.

She was looking at the camera smiling while I was looking at her with nothing but love. "Will you be going to Christian's kids birthday party?" He asked as he gave me back my phone.

"Why would I do that, i'll just send them a gift" I said as I began to pour myself another drink, "That is your 10th glass of the day and you are the godfather" He said as he took the alcohol away from me.

"And don't forget who their aunt is" He said knowing that will catch my attention and it did, "You think she will be there?" I asked.

"Most likely" He said making me nod. "I am going out of the country, I will be back in two weeks though" He said making me raise my eyebrows.

A N G E L I N A:

"Mama Damon hit me" Ale said as he ran over to me and started to shake my leg. I looked down at him to see him holding half of his face.

"Damon, ¿Qué dije sobre golpear a tu hermano?" I asked as I picked up Ale and Damon walked up to me with his sad face. (Spanish: What did I say about hitting your brother?)

"Not to" Damon said as he frowned making me raise my eyebrows. "So then why did you?" I asked making him look down at his feet. "Because I wanted to" He said as I put Ale down.

I flicked Damon's ear "Do not put your hands on your brother." I said to Damon as I turned to face Ale. "Do not let him put his hands on you." I said to Ale.