Twenty Four: Guilty Pleasures And Hangovers

"Dude, it's hopeless if she doesn't accept your friend request in Animal Crossing."

"Fuck Animal Crossing, that's just a stupid game!"

"You take that back-!" Mark launched himself onto Yeonjun, almost kicking over the coffee can and two plates filled with bacon and egg in the process, the whole seat row immediately at danger of falling over.

Jungkook watched them fight in comfortable silence, sipping on his steaming hot cup, while blending out the loud chatter of the boys.

They were meeting for their famous hangover breakfast again; a horde of obnoxious frat boys occupying the humble diner that was by now most likely used to their antics.

"I'm surprised you joined us today." Hoseok admitted, having seated himself next to Jungkook as soon as he'd spotted him, "Since you weren't at the party yesterday- YEOSUNG I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD IF YOU DON'T LEAVE MY STRAWBERRIES ALONE- how'd you end up like this-" He waved vaguely at Jungkook's tired looking face, "-anyways? Did you go somewhere else?"

Hobi always talked a lot, "No." Jungkook shrugged, pouring himself some more coffee, pointedly ignoring the puddle that had already formed around it due to the never ending shaking of the table.

"Did you drink alone?!" Hoseok looked at him pitying.

"...no." Jungkook puffed out, lifting his plate away from the table to safe it from being thrown over by the flailing arms across from him.

The brunette grinned, "Hm, I wonder who you drank with." He rested his chin in his hand, directly looking at Jungkook who had his face stubbornly averted forwards, acting very interested in the cookie tower Mark and Wooyoung were now trying to build. He was surrounded by children.

"You know she doesn't really like to drink in the presence of others." Hoseok pointed out.

Jungkook did not know. Because as soon as he'd woken up he had made a run for it, to escape her probable wrath - which was, by the way, the only reason for why he had joined this breakfast.

"Then she must've made an exception yesterday." Jungkook smiled apologizing at his friend, who just giggled, shoulders shaking.

"She seems to be making a lot of exceptions with you." He looked delighted when he grabbed a strawberry, slowly lifting it up to his lips, "Lucky you. Maybe you'll even be lucky enough that she  shows you what she does for a livi-" He stopped, placing the strawberry back down, "- on a second thought, no. Never mind." He grinned up at Jungkook, "So, what do you think about her?"

What I think about--?

That was an odd question Jungkook really didn't know how to answer.

The first thing that came to his mind when Hoseok had asked the question was a picture of half-dead Y/N sitting in her usual horrific posture at the kitchen counter, half asleep over a pot of black tea - an objectively  very unsexy and concerning sight he got to see at least every second day. The thing was just that he personally ended up finding this sight very appealing and he didn't quite know what to make of this.

"She's... cute?" Jungkook answered his friends question eventually, clearly not so confident with it, earning a skeptical look from Hobi.

"She is?"

Jungkook looked away, "That's the wrong word maybe."

"M-hm." Hoseok made dryly.

"She is..." Jungkook sighed, "I don't know."

"And yet you clearly have a fat crush on her."

"How did you-"

"Kook, you're blushing." Hoseok made a gagging sound, "Like a fucking middle schooler." He grinned mischievously, "So tell me, what do you like so much about her that you've been neglecting your friends, your comrades, your brothers so much lately?"

He groaned, hoping that none of the dickheads around them were listening, because this was bound to be embarrassing, "She's nicer than she likes to give away.."

"Uh huhhh." Hoseok nodded encouragingly.

"I like people like that. She's honest and doesn't cover up her thoughts and when she cares about you she does things for you without mentioning them and like, making a bit thing out of it-" he thought about her very sacrificial role at yesterday's dinner, "- besides when it's about chores but that's a different story."

Hoseok hummed, watching his friend amused, "And?"

"And... she's kind of... fascinating?" Jungkook carefully worded, "Her personality, interests, habits... well, I think this is kind of specific since not everyone really gets to see that, I guess." He finally turned his head towards Hoseok, feeling like he was just undergoing the hardest exam of his life (and that's a lot coming from a law student).

But his sunny friend just grinned with a satisfied look, clapping a hand against the younger's back (making latter cough out surprised), "She does have a fascinating set of interest, you could say."

Jungkook wasn't so sure about what that meant, "It's not like I'll act up on... it."

Hoseok pouted, "No?"

"She isn't really interested in romance." He shrugged.

"Fair point." Hoseok admitted, "Doesn't mean you shouldn't try tho."

"She would so make fun of me if she knew."

Both of them went silent for a moment, before Hobi felt the need to point out the obvious- "You'd be into that, wouldn't you?"

___

"Hnng~ I-It won't fit."

"Don't worry, I'll be gentle. I'll make you feel so good, baby."

Numbly, I stared at the freshly added dialogue of my manga, scanning everything for typos, considering the quality of the words and checking for small mistakes in the final panels again.

Fictional Jungkook's dick was smiling back at me from the bright display, making me feel all sorts of guilt once again.

"You know you really fucked my life over ever since we met?"

Right back at you, Jeon.

Sighing deeply, I banged my head onto my desk, loud groan escaping my lips. I'll never ever get drunk again.

Jungkook had been suspiciously sweet last night, for someone who had gotten drunk with his insufferable gremlin roommate.

Sweet enough that the moment I had woken up with a hammering headache had been the moment I started dreading my still open task of finishing this weeks update of my manga. Dialogues are the worst. Drawing naked dudes sucking dick isn't nearly as bad, because I have to concertante on getting poses and anatomy and all the technical shit right - there was nothing sexy about wrecking your head about from what perspective to draw my petite protagonist getting rawed.

But with the dialogue I had to face the cruel reality of my own imagination's product; An honest perversion of my roommate, paired with all those yaoi mangas middle school me had soaked up and learned from.

I'm a terrible human being. Some weeks ago I could've at least acted indifferent towards what Jungkook would feel about all of this, but clearly, I can't fool myself anymore after all that happened: I very, very much care about what Jungkook would feel about any of my doings.

A little too much, unfortunately.

Just look at what happened last night: Instead of being mad about his cheesy softness now, I smiled when I thought of it.

I glared at a panel of fictional-Kook in front of me, as if all of this was his fault, angrily jamming the 'safe' option on my screen, before turning off my computer and leaning back.

As much as having a muse for my art helped me, I didn't like having to feel uncomfortable whenever I was working on a new update - I wanted to have fun while working, to make the best possible results. Jungkook, as expected, was kind of a distraction from that.

"Want me to tug you in?"

Screw you, Jeon Jungkook. Or screw me, whatever.

___

ehehehe

xx