One: Humble Beginnings

"You seen my-"

"No."

"Fuck you, at least listen to what I'm trynna say."

That wasn't what I'd been referring to- fucker doesn't even know how to knock. As soon as he'd entered without a warning I had frantically locked my computer screen, whirling around panicked.

"How often did I tell you not to interrupt me when I'm working, fucker?"

Jungkook blinked, expression puzzled as if he was genuinely asking himself 'why do you think I give a shit?', before going back to his question, "Yeah, whatever, have you seen my charger?"

"No!" I repeated, grabbing a random item blindsided (turned out as my stack of sticky notes) and threw it after him, only missing him because he managed to shut the door before it hit him.

"Go fuck yourself, you crazy bitch!" I heard him shout through the closed door, before loud stomping echoed through the corridor and someone slammed the entrance door shut.

That fucking child.

I exhaled relieved, sitting back down in front of my desk. I really needed to get some door locks for this place, or, no, for my room only.

Didn't want Jeon to see that I spend the majority of my free time drawing pee-pees.

I was totally ready to go back to work when my fucking phone rang, picking up just because I saw Hoseok's name on the display, "Sup', asshole?"

"Charming, as always." Hoseok dead-panned, making me blow him a kiss through the mic, "Just wanted to check on how you're doing? It's been a week and as far as I know your house is still intact."

"Let's see for how long this'll last." I growled, leaning back sighing.

Hoseok laughed, "Come on, it can't be that bad. Jungkook's a tidy person, he always takes care to split up the chores equally and he never  brings his flings over without a warning."

"Yeah, truly an angel," I scoffed, "That's probably why he was kicked out of the dorms."

"Tha-That's something else." Hoseok squeaked embarrassed.

"M-hm, sure."

"Maybe you two just started out the wrong way?"

"Started out-" Is snorted, "That's not how I recall it." This bitch had been rude from the very start, the first time we met.

____

When I met him first, it was - as expected - through Seok-ah, when he got to introduce his best friend (me) to his pals from college by coincidence.

I hadn't expected to run into this loud herd of frat boys, and I certainly didn't appreciate it for personal reasons, but for Hoseok I smiled through my pain, playing nice with everyone.

"Guys that's Y/N, I think I mentioned her already." Hoseok brotherly smacking one hand against my back, making me cough out surprised, "Didn't think I'd meet her here."

I looked up into the faces of five gross guys, grins so wide I could feel their pain in my own jaw. Don't get me wrong, Seok-ah's friends are nice and all, but they're just not my kinda people to be around.

Jungkook had been staying further behind, scrolling through his phone uninterested, while the rest was basking in the attention my awkward, way-too-nice-for-my-own-good ass was giving them. I suppose I always come across nicer than I actually am, feeling like I owe strangers a good impression - which often ends up getting mistaken as me flirting. Not my fault that guys think girls being nice immediately means they're interested.