Ch.24 Kept

I groggily opened my eyelids, blinking away the speckled spots in my vision. I reached my hand up to massage my temples, my head throbbing with a potent ache. I quickly sat up from my laid-out position, gazing around at my unfamiliar surroundings, my breath ragged with fright. Where the hell am I?? I thought, as I looked around at the dimly lit room. There were no windows near me, allowing me no perception of how much time had passed. There was only a door which had a large padlock wrapped around the handle, and a small, grated opening placed on the wall adjacently.

I sat my hands on the cold tile, moving to stand up before the clang of a chain around my ankle pierced through the air.

I bent down, feeling the weight of the heavy metal under my palms. There was no way I could get out of this; it was solid steel. The feeling of defeat weighed heavy on my chest. I sat back down, leaning my head back against the wall I was chained too, pushing the bulky metal away from me.

"Y/n?" I heard a call from somewhere I couldn't see.

I perked my head off the wall at the voice. "Taehyung?" I questioned.

I heard what also seemed to be a rustled chain before seeing his face on the other side of the grated opening.

"Thank god you're awake. You've been out for a while now." His face was smudged with dirt as he peered at me. "I see she has you chained up too." He says, nodding his head to the metal encasing my ankle.

"Yeah", I respond, "And the only entrance is locked."

Taehyung shakes his head. "I can't break these chains even if tried, they're laced with Wolfsbane, it's a plant that's harmful to werewolves. Makes it almost impossible to shift too."

I sigh into the cold air. "I'm sorry Tae."

He shifts his weight on his other foot. "No, don't be. I'm the one who came looking for you. At least with me around you won't be so pathetic and helpless." He jokes.

The corner of my mouth twitches into a smile at his playfulness.

"Besides, my pack should have noticed my disappearance by now, they'll be here."

"Do you have any idea where we are?" I ask, hoping he's gathered some kind of location relevance. 

"Honestly, I have no idea. All I can tell is that we're underground somewhere. No one's been down to see either of us. I've just been staring at this wall in front of me until you woke up."

I huff out my nose, feeling defeated. If Tae couldn't even decipher where we were, how was the pack going to...

I can feel the threat of tears in the corner of my eyes. I feel frustrated at the situation. The lack of control that I keep experiencing is overwhelming.

My train of thought is broken by the rustling of the door in front of me. I stand up, bracing myself against the wall as the hinges squeak to life and the door creaks open.

Sehun steps into the room with a tray lined with bowls in his hands.

He doesn't look at me as he steps forward, sliding the tray just close enough where I could reach out and grab it. I momentarily look at the bowls filled with what looks like porridge and water before diverting my gaze to him.

"You should eat, you're probably hungry." His monotone voice echoes around the room.

"Sehun?" I question, disturbed by his lack of emotion.

He looks up, locking gaze with me. His eyebrows are turned up in despair, his eyes glisten with water.

"Eat, Y/n." he repeats again.