Ch.18 Don't

He takes a deep breath, the sharpness of the frigid air wafting in through his nose. The tickle of a breeze flitted through his dense black fur, the cold never having the invitation to chill his skin.

Jungkook walks forward a few steps, his paws heavy on the spongy moss of the forest floor. He was suppose to be patrolling for the last rogue with his pack, but he couldn't concentrate, thoughts of you swimming around his mind on rewind. The memory of how soft your skin felt against his hands, how your body had felt so small compared to his own had him giddy like a young pup in love.

The sound of movement made his ears twitch in response. He stills his movements as the footsteps thud further in his direction. He would have been on high alert upon their presence but he recognizes the stride and weight of the steps.

"Kook." Taehyung's voice jars in his head. A sandy colored wolf almost the size of himself comes into his line of view. When Jungkook was younger, Taehyung had always teased him about his scrawny size, always egging on how he would never grow to be bigger than him. Jungkook found it quite ironic that he was practically the size of Namjoon now, being the youngest member of the pack.

The older wolf trotted over to Jungkook, playfully nudging his shoulder with his own. "I'm surprised, you almost didn't sense me. I could tell you were here way before you even caught wind of myself. Got something else on your mind?" Jungkook could hear the playful connotation in Taehyung's voice.

If a blush could show through Jungkook's fur, he would have gone red by now. He hadn't told anyone what had happened between you and him that morning, even though he was sure they had thoughts of their own about what happened between the two of you. While he wasn't one to be shy telling his brothers about things like that, he honestly was still in a daze about what had happened. Plus, he didn't want to somehow embarrass you by letting it be known, he knew how much the guys enjoyed teasing each other about such. When Namjoon and Luna had first officially bonded that's all they would talk about, poking fun at Luna and Namjoon non stop. True to her nature,Luna was not phased in the slightest, but you were different from her. To Jungkook, you were someone precious that he wanted to protect from any kind of discomfort that may present itself, and that included any teasing jokes from his pack.

"I think I'm just a little tired, I didn't sleep well last night." Jungkook responded.

He heard Taehyung snort at his comment. "You're terrible at wording things."  Jungkook nipped at Taehyung's flank.

"You're the one who seems to be getting off track. Catch any scent of the rogue yet?" Jungkook bantered back. Truthfully he felt guilty, not having been in his right mindset whilst patrolling.

Taehyung huffed, flopping on his stomach, setting the colorful leaves adrift around him.

"Nothing. It's kind of weird honestly. The only traces we've caught are ones that we've already known about, have to be about a week old by now. It's like they've disappeared into thin air. Even if they would have left, we would have caught a trace of an exit path out of town." Jungkook internally growled at the idea of not knowing the whereabouts of this wolf. It made the hairs on his shoulder blades raise and his tail swish in fear. He still was confused as to why they had caught the scent of the rogue around your house. The thought of you alone without his protection made him sick. He knew you were headstrong and he didn't want to smother you, but if worse came to worse, there was nothing you could do to defend yourself against a rogue werewolf, you were human after all.

"Maybe they know how to cover up their scent?" Jungkook inquired.

Taheyung shook his head. "I doubt it. A werewolf doesn't exactly have the ability or capability to do something like that, that's what doesn't make sense. The only thing that we even know of that could accomplish something as such are witches. But the only witches around are the Santez clan, and Namjoon has been keeping tabs on them almost everyday. They haven't displayed any kind of suspicious behavior."