*Special* Leander's POV of Chapter Forty-Five

*A/N So I was rereading the end of this and I couldn’t help but feel there was something missing. In my head, the ending made so much more sense as I was writing it, and it wasn’t until I left it alone for a while and went back that I realized something was up. Leander showing up and saying he loved Kodi seemed a little rushed, didn’t it? That’s just cause it’s Kodi’s perspective. As I was writing it, I was in Kodi’s head and Leander’s at the same time. While Kodi is ranting and raving, I could picture Leander pacing in his house, struggling with pride and the fear of rejection. So when he showed up, it was perfect. But I never actually wrote out what he was doing—it was just kinda assumed. So here is the missing link—Leander’s point of view of chapter forty-five; the final chapter in “Eenie Meenie”. This is just a cute thing I thought I’d share, but believe me when I say “Eenie Meenie” is over, lol. Enjoy! And a word of caution—Leander likes swearing; a lot.

  As soon as I saw her I knew she was trouble. I guess I just never figured on getting so wrapped up in her. She was the most addicting thing I’d come across, and I’d completely fucked it all up. It was for her own good. She didn’t need to be getting mixed up with me anymore. She finally had a chance to get away from me. I’d done enough. It was time to leave her the hell alone.

  So why did the very thought of staying away make my gut clench?

  What was wrong with me? It was some cruel prank life had pulled on me, her moving here. I’d been just fine without her. And now….now if I went one day without seeing her I couldn’t breathe. After all I’d done to her, I had the nerve to want to be near her, to hold her and never let go.

  But there were things in my life…I couldn’t drag her into it. Even if she loved me.

  She loved me. She’d had the perfect guy, the one who didn’t make her cry, and she loved me. What had I done to deserve her love?

  God, it’d been so hard to stare back at her like I didn’t give a damn. It was better this way. It was better for her to hate me, to stay away from me. I’d only give her pain. It was all I knew how to give. What did I know about love? Who was I to judge what I felt for that girl? I didn’t know shit about treating her right. She was better off without me. She’d be hurt for a while and she’d look at me with heartbreak in her pretty blue eyes, but eventually she’d see it, too. She’d see life without me was better. I couldn’t make her happy. I’d had my chance, and I’d thrown it in her face.

  Her face when I told her about the bet….it’d haunted me ever since. Even for me, that’d been low. I hadn’t forgave myself since; and yet continued to act like a complete ass towards her. Sometimes I couldn’t even help it—didn’t even realize it until she walked away from me. She brought something out in me I didn’t know I could feel. Something animal-like and uncontrollable. And yet I wanted to be so gentle towards her, too. She was like fine China I was afraid to touch for fear of it breaking. But she wasn’t mine to touch; she never had been.