Chapter 25- Veronica's POV

"We have the bomb planted in his villa. It has enough poison to kill that beast." I snap out of my thoughts as I hear Greyson speak to his soldiers.

A bomb! Panic flows inside of me. They are going to kill Bentley. I need to get to him first. I sneak out of the camp and it is pitch black out. I grab a new sword and holster my gun.

I know where Bentleys villa is. I will get to him before he gets killed. I run in the darkness and suddenly stop at a fence. We are here. Bentley is probably currently in his villa going over battle plans behind the lines. I have to get through miles of soldiers and their quarters to get to him.

I watch as the spotlight goes over the fence. I count how many seconds it passes away from the fence. 1... 2... 3... I count down and run. I use my wind power to force me up and over the fence. I land in a crouch and hide as the spotlight comes back around.

I rush over to the side of the first soldiers quarters. I watch soldiers pass in formation, their guns are hanging over their waist. As the soldiers pass by I run across the dark field. The villa is in my sights. So close. I watch more soldiers pass and I run. I run fast and quietly.

I reach the walls of the villa and I use my wind powers to knock the door down. Maids and butlers look at me in commotion. I raise my hands and my eyes flash blue while I crush the maids bones. Their screams echo in the hallway.

"Take me to Bentley unless you want to end up like them." I announce to the butler.

"Who are you? No one but workers know the master's name." The butler yells.

I flick my finger and the butler begins choking because of my wind power. My hand reaches my face. My mask is not on and I washed off the war paint.

"Fine I will take you to him." He chokes.

I grab my sword and hold it against the butler's neck. "No games." I reply.

He leads me up a flight of stairs and we take a right. He knocks on a door that is labeled Communications Room. The butler knocks on the door and Bentley opens it in his red suit. His brown hair is messed up. He looks like he hasn't slept in days.

At first he looks like he's been hit by a bullet. His face is pale and his eyes scan me up and down in disbelief. I realize my cross necklace is not tucked in. I quickly tuck it under my shirt. Once I do that he gets even more pale.

"They have planted a bomb made to kill you and only you! After that they will kill your soldiers! You need to evacuate." I rush.

He blinks and looks at me. Before I can say anything he rushes at me and tears my cross necklace off. My neck burns from the prick of metal ripping off of my skin. I watch as the clamp falls onto the floor. The memories of the boy and I are all in that cross.

"What are you doing!" I scream. "Give it back! It is important!"

He turns the cross over and looks like he is going to pass out. I reach at him and snatch the cross back from him. He rummages around in his pocket and pulls out something oddly familiar. The gem. I stare at him in disbelief. My first love. My whole life. I have been searching for you forever. Before I can process anything I am wrapped in arms. I sigh a breath of relief and tears fall down my face.

"I waited so long for you." He sobs into my shoulder.

Tears fall down my face and I wrap my arms tight around him. I found him. He cups my face in his hands. And in the sudden force of life he kisses me. I remember all of the time we spent together as kids and how I always loved him. Bentley. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him back. He wipes up my tears with his thumbs and I hear something. I turn around and look down the hallway.

"The bomb." I sigh. I lean my head into his shoulder.

Before I can establish a plan he grabs my hand in his and we run down the hallway. He and I know that we don't have that much time. We run to a room marked P.A. and Bentley tries to open the door.

"Someone locked it from the inside." He says in frustration.

I push him back and stick my hand forward. I summon my power and wind reaches out of my fingertips. The door hinges shake and fall off. I kick the door and it falls down.

"Damn, and I thought I was a badass." Bentley looks in surprise at me.

We walk into the room and there is a P.A. speakers like they have at schools. Bentley rushes over to it and barks orders into the microphone.

"This is Bentley Jackson. I am issuing a grade 4 emergency. Evacuate." Bentley says. "I repeat this is Bentley Jackson and I am issuing a grade 4 emergency. Evacuate. Start procedure Delta 4. Code blue 18."

Bentley starts pressing buttons and pulls a lever.

"We need to get as far away from here as we gas. It's airborne and it will absolutely kill us if we get anywhere near the fumes. The West made it from my DNA." I explain.

"We will take the jeeps." Bentley says.

"We have like 8 minutes." I say.

We run down the hallway and get caught in a cluster of soldiers. They are all trying to escape. Bentley grabs my hand and tries to push through the crowd. Not a single person moves, and I sense Bentley starting to get mad. I can't let any more blood get on his hands.

I summon my powers and freeze the rows of soldiers. I move soldiers over and Bentleu and I make it to the other side. I unfreeze the soldiers and we run over to the garage. Bentley grabs his keys and gets into the front of the jeep. I hop in the passenger seat and look out at the struggling soldiers at the gate.

"Are we leaving thousands of people to die?" I question.

I already know what Bentley's answer is going to be. I open the door and run out. I remember the girls last words while she was dying in my lap. I have to make peace. I can't rely on a bloodbath. That is not right. The people should come before my feelings.

"Veronica!" Bentley yells, desperate for me to come back.

I ignore him and face the gate. I put my hand out and forced my wind power's out onto the gate. The gate rattles a little bit and I feel my powers straining. Finally, it starts to unhinge and soon it falls down. My breathing speeds up and I catch my breath. You used too much. I feel my head start to pound and my legs feel like jello. My vision blurs and I take a step towards Bentley who's running towards me and I fall.