Chapter 23- Veronica's POV

I wake up in a hut in the woods. Where am I? I get up and look around. My mantel and bodysuit are on a table in the hut. I am still dressed in the prison suit from Bentley's villa. I dress in my uniform and I pull the flap of the hut back and walk outside. An older woman is sitting on a rock in front of a fire.

"Ah, Veronica you are awake." The woman says.

She hands me a flask of water and a can of beans. I take the water and gulp it down, the water spilling down my chin. I wipe it off on my sleeve.

"Who are you? How do you know who I am?" I question.

"I created you my dear." The old woman croaks.

I stifle out a laugh but the old woman doesn't look like she is joking. All of the sudden a light flashes and I cover my eyes with my arm. As I look back at the older woman she is replaced by a woman in a flowing dress with leaves on her arms.

"It is time you knew the truth." She says. She reaches out and taps my forehead with her finger.

Back when the planets aligned and power soared through the solar system, you were created. You have the power of two of the four elements, water and wind. I am mother nature. I am focused on the life-giving and nurturing aspects of nature by embodying it. But when the humans and nature I look upon are pitted against each other, war happens.

The massacre of Europe and the other continents were because they failed at what they were born to protect. The peace was destroyed and my branches spread out and cut at the limbs of those who failed.

You and Bentley were created with your powers so you could bring better into this world and save your future. You were created to enforce peace. Peace is the only way that you all dont rip each other's heads off of one anothers. If you don't bring peace then you will end up being the end of the human race.

But, you need to bring up peace together. Together is how you shall prevail and become one again. But if one of you falls so shall the other. Make him fall in love with you while you fall in love with him or you shall fail. The life long bond of two people is how this works out. And only with clear heads.

Find him in his villa tomorrow.

I gasp awake and look around. The woman and the hut are gone. What did she mean by if one of us fails, so shall the other?

"I need to make peace." I mutter.

I walk until I make it back to the battle field. I spot him out on the field. His eyes catch mine and I watch him bark out commands. He pulls his sword out of his holder. His eyes are threatening and you can tell he is mad.

I watch as Bentley walks his power walk towards me. Two can play that game. I raise my hands into the air and water shoots up. I push it forward and push soldiers over. Then I flick my hand out and I listen to the sound of hundreds of bones crunching. I watch as soldiers next to me turn to ash.

I run gracefully toward him and pull out my sword. Soldiers run at me to protect their leader. I slice gracefully at them and they all fall down. I land in a crouch and stab into a soldier on the ground. Blood is everywhere.

He stares at me with the intent to kill. I watch his eyes glisten with a red flash and more soldiers turn to ash. He pulls out his gun and starts shooting. I block the bullets with my wind power and turn them back on the soldiers next to him. They go down in a second.

Him and I are now arm's length apart. He pulls out his sword and I grab mine out of a soldier's body. He thrusts at me and I block the blow. The wind blows my cape backwards in a sleek manner. I push my hand out and wind thrust at him, throwing him back.