Chapter 2- Bentley's POV

Red. The best power. Earth and fire. Someone out there has to possess wind and water. Going through the same thing as me. That power that you can't hold in. My eyes bring pain throughout the victim's body. I can turn people into ash. Just like fire.

Walking down the stone path, my cape flows behind me and soldiers salute us as we walk by them. Next to my father again. The blood dries on my hand from this morning's fight. I put my hand in my pocket and felt the green gem. I roll it around in my fingers and I close my eyes. Where are you?

"You gonna wash it off?" My father asks in a harsh tone, looking down at the blood on my hand.

"No." I answered, repeating his tone.

"If only you could be like your sister."

"You haven't seen her since she was 18 and pregnant without being married. She doesn't kill for her side as I do. She isnt loyal to your cause as much as I am."

Most of the people's money on our side goes to our soldiery. Both sides have a good amount of money and barely any poor people but there are some. But we are ready for anything. 23 years ago there was a lady named Annabelle Hall. She was married to my father and expecting a baby boy. Too bad, she died and so did my little brother. Assassinated by a sniper on the other side. My dad joined the war and fought for us against the West. I don't know if he's here for the thrill or for revenge.

We reach the end of the line and see General Colton. I see the agony on his face and he has the look of disappointment. He had told me about his little sister who stole and murdered. My task was for him to kill her before she killed them.

"You failed to execute your sister again?" I ask. My eyes flash red and power surges through me. A scar forms on my wrist. I slam my hand into the metal and cause a dent.

"Yes, sir. All of my men are dead. One moment they were alive then their bones were shattered." He says, his voice shaking. Pain.

I grab him by the collar of his uniform. "You are hereby demoted from General! You are weak! You can't do what needs to be done." I shout. "Does anybody else want to test me?" I ask around.

"No, sir!" The soldiers say saluting me.

I rip his General badge off of his uniform and throw it on the ground. I step on it and kick it away. Walking away I hear those whispers calling me the Blood King yet again. My cape flows behind me with power.

Reaching the villa, soldiers are scurrying into a line as I walk in. I dismiss them with a wave of my hand. Reaching my chambers the housekeepers keep away from me and grab my blood-stained clothes from my previous fights.

I put my sword in its sleeve and my gun on my nightstand.

I think peace is inferior. Overrated. The blood on my hands reminds me of that. People say it's for fear but they don't see that wars are the solution to our problems. The scales are unbalanced and someone will cause the fault between the sides. It's just a matter of time before someone knocks them over. Anyone with that thought is smart. Because it's not wrong. I mean it's 2302. We have lived like this since 2044.

I throw myself onto my bed sighing.
"No one understands." I murmur.
I get up and go to my sink washing the blood off my hands and face. Looking in the mirror I see a normal 21-year-old man. People don't see me like that. Neither do I.

The dinner bell rings and I dress in a tight no zip blue top, and gray pants. I place my gun in its holster and go downstairs. A gun for dinner might sound insane but we will never know what could happen.
"Brother!" My big sister squeals when she sees me. I give her a hug. She hasn't been home in 4 years. I don't know what changed but her presence here is weird. When did my father and her actually meet?
She has the same red eyes and dark brown hair as I. She is the five star general of our airforce. She is a year older than me. Her 4-year-old son is on her husband John's shoulders. I shake his hand. Her son has blue eyes and curly brown hair.