Chapter 9- Veronica's POV

12 years ago. The assassin asylum

I am in solitary confinement again. I have never met the owners who bought me. They say I will be let out when I am 16. 10 more years. There is a broken mirror in front of me. My pigtails are replaced by knotted torn up hair. I check under my prison suit to check if my cross is still there. I release a sigh of relief when I see the silver. He is the only thing that keeps me sane. He told me his name is Bentley but never told me his last name.

I watch as a Nun opens the door to the room. No windows are in the room. I was left in here because I was crying. I am apparently being taught to kill and be a weapon. Discipline is key. Discipline is key. Discipline is key. The Nuns have made sure that that is in my head. It is carved all around the room. Discipline is key.

I was bought by an owner but the government gave them the money to buy me. They heard about my gift. They want it for themselves. The Nun calls my name and I follow.

"P0001 please come with me." The Nun says.

I get up when I hear my new name be called. Scars are all over my body from the government experimenting with me. They took my bone marrow, liver, and inner organs. They grow back with the use of my power but they placed an inhibitor chip in my neck which gives me a scar everytime I use my powers. We walk into the discipline room. Another Nun walks in with a whip and slams the whip down on the desk.

"This is a test, P0001." The Nun says. "You will learn to be cold and ruthless. The easy way or the hard way. It's up to you."

I see a cat jump up from the window and I watch it climb into the room.

"Kill it." The Nun announces.

Kill it? I watch as the Nun hands me a knife and I look at the Nun dumbfounded. They could end my life in any second. But it's a cat. They did nothing wrong. Why should I have to kill it?

"No." I announced.

I cuddle the kitty in my arms. The Nun comes toward me and grabs the whip from the desk. She hurdles the tip at me and hits my forearm. My arm burns and turns red. I yelp out and let the kitty go. Suddenly I watch as the Nun fires a gun at the cat. Blood splatters on the wall. My mouth drops and tears fall down my face.

"No crying!" The Nun whips me. "Back to solitary."

The Nun drags me back to the cell and locks me in there again.

7 years later.

My eyes stare dead at the wall. The carvings from 7 years ago are still there. Discipline is key. I was a fool not to kill that cat. I train everyday in mastering killing. I don't even dare to blink anymore. Using my DNA the West has concocted many chemicals to stop me. Power inhibitors, strengtheners, and a way to kill me. 7 years of research into that. My brain has been cut open and pieced back together. Years of procedures and training. I am a tool.

The Nun gets me from my cell and I walk with her to the screening room. Today is the same test as 7 years ago. Kill the cat. Before the Nun has to give me any instructions I spot the cat back in the woods. I grab the gun, take a glance and fire. Headshot.

Present time.

I go home after my talk with Bentley. As I walk through the door after my detour in the woods, Mrs. Crude drags me by the elbow up to my room.

"Not coming home until now! You were gone all of last night! Surveillance caught you walking the streets past curfew! You are in a load of trouble." She yells.

She has a belt in her hand. She raises her hand and I get ready for the pain of the belt against my shirt. Trying to tear into the flesh. As she brings the belt down I put my hand up and raise my head. My eyes burn bright blue and what's like a pulse comes out of my hand. The belt flies out of her hand and she flies back into the wall. The wall comes down and everything around me falls. I wait for the pain of a scar to form, yet it does not come. Next to me, I find a tiny metal chip. I pick it up.