𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢

"When Aro wants someone from a coven, it's not long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime." Eleazar stated to everyone who were all gathered in the living room.

"So he's done this before?" Bella quizzed.
"It happens so rarely, I never realised it was a pattern." Eleazar replied.

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repenting." Carlisle continued.

"This person always has an ability and is always given a place with the guard." Eleazar informed.

"This is all about Alice. He has no one like her." Edward spoke, "I also read the Volturi members mind that day on the newborn battle. They're very interested in Clara and her ability too."

At his words, Clara's squeezed her husband's hand tight while Jasper securely wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Which is why Alice left." Bella said Clara rolled her eyes.

"I won't repeat myself. Alice left for an important reason. The day the witness time comes, it will be revealed." She stated.

At her words, uncomfortable silence ensued as Bella mumbled a small apology. Everyone knew that Clara knew something they didn't, but she was keeping her mouth entirely shut on that matter. Jasper was the only one who didn't push her. The rest tried to have her tell them in small unnoticeable ways but she didn't say a word.

"But why does he need witnesses?" Emmett asked after a while of silence, placing an arm on Rosalie's shoulder as she wrapped her arms around him.

"To spread the word that justice has been served after he slaughters the entire coven." Alastair spoke. This was the first time Clara had properly heard him speak. He was usually out of scene and she only saw him when he spoke to Carlisle.

"Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving." Amun stood up. Edward's head snapped to him.

"And where will you go? What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? Or Clara? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next? Or Zafrina or Kate or anyone else with a gift, anyone they want. Their goal isn't about punishment, it's about power and acquisition. Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will. For the sake of my family, but also yours and for the way you want to leave." Edward pleaded to the Egyptian coven leader and everyone else in the room.

"The packs will fight. We've never been afraid of wolves." Jacob stood up and stated. Rosalie rolled her eyes but thanked him.

"We will fight." Tanya nodded her head as all the Denali Coven members stood up as well.

"This won't be the first time I've fought a king's rule." Garrett said, fist bumping with Clara.

"You have to tell them all that story someday." Clara said and he grinned.
"Someday? I'm boasting to them the second this is all over."

"We will join you." Benjamin stated.
"No." Amun disagreed.
"I will do the right thing Amun. You may do as you please." Benjamin told his coven leader.

"We will stand with you." Kachiri spoke and Zafrina nodded in agreement.

"So will we." The Irish Coven stood up.
"We will too!" Charlotte and Peter said.

Everyone except Alistair had stood up and agreed to fight if the situation required it. All heads turned to him.

"That didn't take much." Vladimir muttered.
"Let's hope it doesn't come to that." Edward said, his eyes on Alastair as he muttered something to Carlisle and walked out the room.