𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

"What are you doing here?" Bella asked Jacob.

"You invited me remember?" Jacob asked as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Was my right hook to subtle for you? That was me uninviting you." Bella glared. Clara lightly clapped, giggling at how brave Bella had suddenly gotten to tell off people like that.

"Look Bella, I'm sorry about the, you know. The kiss and your hand. I'd blame it on the whole inner animal thing but it was just me being an ass. I'm really sorry." Jacob apologised.

Clara giggled waiting to hear Bella's response, but she suddenly caught Alice in a trance-like state from the corner of her eye. She immediately went to Alice's side.

"Alice, what do you see?" Clara asked.
"A decision has been made." Alice answered, her and Clara sharing a glance.

"We're not going to Seattle are we?" Clara's expression dropped. Alice nodded.
"No they're coming here."

As soon as Alice said that, all the vampires gathered to Carlisle's office including Bella and Jacob and his wolf friends. Jasper went by Clara's side wrapping an arm around her waist making her smile at him. She was slightly panicking at the thought of Victoria being there and seeing Jasper calmed her.

"They'll be here in 4 days." Alice announced making everyone go into deep thought about what should be done.

"This could turn into a blood bath." Carlisle pointed out, shaking his head and leaning against the table. Edward glanced at the pixie,
"Who's behind it?" He asked.

"I didn't see anyone I recognised. Maybe one." Alice answered, her mind racing back and recalling the details of the vision. Edward who read her mind figured it out.

"I know his face. He's local Riley Biers. He didn't start this." Edward stated, Clara frowned at the name. Riley Biers had been missing for months and her father was part of the investigation team for his search. Edward continued, "Whoever did this will be staying out of action."

Carlisle nodded and turned to Alice. "They must be playing with the blind spots in your vision."

"Either way, the army's coming and there aren't enough of us to protect to protect the town." Jasper acknowledged and Clara nodded along.

"Hold up." Jacob put his hand up causing the vampires to snap their head at his direction, "What damn army?"

"Newborns. Our kind." Carlisle answered.

"What are they after?" Jacob's friend whose name Clara learned was Embry asked.

"They were passing around Bella's scent. A red blouse." Alice described what she saw in her vision.

"They're after Bella?" Jacob frowned, "What does that mean?"

"It means an ugly fight with lives lost." Carlisle calmly replied. The vampires all gulped. They didn't want to separated. They were all worried for their mates and their family. Jasper tightly held Clara's hand and if she were human, every bone of hers would have broken. She gave him a smile, lightly squeezing back and assuring him that she would be alright.

The three wolves shared a look. "Alright we're in."

Bella immediately shook her head. "No. You'll get yourselves killed. No way."

"I wasn't asking for permission." Jacob stated with an emotionless face.

Bella sighed, turning to her loved. "Edward."

Edward stayed silent for sometime, thinking. Bella gave him a frustrated look and he reluctantly muttered out,
"If it means more protection for you."

Disbelief etched over Bella's face. But before she could argue back, Carlisle turned to the wolves,
"Do you think Sam could agree to an understanding?" He asked. Sam was the alpha of the pack. If he disagreed, there was nothing the wolves could do to help, even Jacob.

"As long as we get to kill some vampires." Jacob answered after a moment of thought.

"Jasper?" Carlisle called making Jasper's eyes set on him.

"It'll give us the numbers. Newborns won't even know they exist. It'll give us an edge." Jasper stated.

"We'll need to coordinate." Carlisle nodded causing Bella to sigh.
"Carlisle they're gonna get hurt."

"We'll all need some training." Carlisle announced and they all nodded except Bella, "Fighting newborns requires knowledge that Jasper has." Carlisle continued, "You're welcome to join us."

Jacob nodded along with the other two wolves. "Alright. Name the time and place."

"Jake you don't know what you're getting yourself into." Bella tried one last time to argue in desperation.

"Bella this is what we do. You should be happy. Look at us, working together. You were the one who wanted us to get along, remember?" Jacob said and Clara scrunched her face hearing the amount of mocking in his voice and seeing how awkward Bella was getting.

She rolled her eyes. "Alright, get out. Bella will text you the time and place." She told, using her strength to drag away the 7 foot huge boy out resulting in chuckles from the others.

"Hey I wasn't really done speaking!!" Jacob exclaimed. Clara rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you're about to say, I'm sure that no one is interested." She retorted.

"I can kill you!!" Jacob threatened angrily. Jasper snarled and was about to go to his mate when the sound of a slap echoed in the entire house.

"Oooh!!" Emmett smirked.

Jacob's hand was placed on his very painful, almost broken cheek.
"Hey!! What was that for?! It hurts!!"

"Well one, you kissed Bella without her permission. Two, you're being a jerk who can't accept rejection from your crush. Three, you're using Bella's own words against herself. And four, you're making my older sister frustrated." Clara counted with her fingers and glared at him.

"Do you have anything else to add to this list of why I slapped you?" She calmly asked sending shivers down Jake's spine.

He gulped. "No. Sorry." He mumbled and was about to leave by the door when Clara called again.

"Hey Jake?"

Jacob turned, fearful for another slap. But instead, he felt a soothing sensation in his cheek where she slapped him hard. The stinging slowly vanished. His eyes widened. Clara smiled.

"You still have to put an ice pack on it though. I only removed the feeling of pain." She told, her mood instantly changing from mad to her usual cheerful self.

" She told, her mood instantly changing from mad to her usual cheerful self