𝚂𝚒𝚡

Clara woke up the next morning with a shiver. It was cold. Ice had formed on the window sill and the roads, the cool breeze was a lot colder and the trees had small frosts in them. She took a warm shower and got dressed. Since it was so cold, her outfit of choice was a black top with navy blue jeans, black boots and a black coat.

 Since it was so cold, her outfit of choice was a black top with navy blue jeans, black boots and a black coat

She applied some makeup, did her hair and took a cup of coffee and exited the house. She was sipping and closing the door when Bella suddenly slipped on the slippery path and fell flat on her butt.

Clara almost spit out the coffee as she went into a fit of laughter. She tried controlling it but failed, it was just too funny.

"You alright Bells?" Charlie asked as he helped Bella up.

"Yeah I'm fine." Bella mumbled, "Ice doesn't really help the uncoordinated."

"Well don't stay up too late you two. I'll be staying overnight at the station, a security got killed by some animal." Charlie told.

"An animal?" Bella asked.
"That's horrible." Clara remarked, "Stay safe dad."

Charlie snorted and ruffled her hair. "Alway am kiddo."

With that, they all got to their own vehicles and drove off, Charlie to the station and Bella and Clara to the school.

"What were you doing last night?" Bella randomly asked as she parked the truck. Clara stiffened.

"Me? What would I be doing? Probably sleep?" Clara replied with a nervous smile. Bella rolled her eyes.

"I heard you sniffling." She said.

"He he." Clara sheepishly chuckled, "I did no such thing. I mean, you didn't see me at 3:00 am binge watching every movie I know and crying along to Jack dying."

"Dad told you to sleep early!" Bella scolded.

"He did?" Clara asked, "Well this is my cue to leave. Bye!" She quickly said and ran out the truck and into the building.

From the Volvo, Emmett barked in laughter. "Now that's what you call late night watching!!"

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Clara's first class of the day was none other than P.E and that too, 2 periods. There was no way the younger Swan was going to be running around aimlessly for an hour, so, she did what she always did. Skip the class. Instead of going over to the track field, she stayed in an empty classroom.

She got her laptop out and hummed a song while she finished up her left over assignments from Physics and History not knowing that Jasper was right outside the classroom.

Jasper had a free period and was passing by randomly when he heard a soft him. He peeked from the window and saw Clara, sitting on a chair with her legs crossed and laptop placed between as her fingers typed and she hummed.
He leaned against the door from the outside and closed his eyes in delight at the soft, rhythmic hum. Along with being soft and rhythmic, it had a dreamy tone to it, as if Clara was randomly humming without a fixed path.