𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎

The next day, Clara jumped on Jasper's back as him and Edward (who was also carrying Bella) ran.

"Where are we going again? I though we were supposed to relax and watch a movie together." Clara asked and Jasper laughed.

"We will Darlin'. We just have to do some last minute setups for the battle."

"Why aren't you even running?" Edward asked, amused. Clara smiled.

"Because I have an amazing boyfriend who pampers me and carries me anytime I ask him to!" She said the vampires all laughed, speeding up. Bella only awkwardly looked around, being the only human meant she didn't have as good ears as them and the only thing she could hear was the wind blowing.

They stopped at the treaty line and while Bella got off Edward's back, Clara stay put. Not that Jasper minded, he just grinned gladly.

"You're not fighting? What, did you pull a muscle or something?" Jacob asked coming forward and looking at Edward.

Bella had asked Edward to sit out during the fight and even though the Cullens, especially Rosalie, were upset, they agreed. It was also more protection for Bella in case Victoria found her in the campsite.

"He's doing it for me okay?" Bella quickly told, trying to keep any sort of incoming argument at bay.

"Whatever. Just tell me the plan." Jacob rolled his eyes.

"Edward and I are going to the campsite. But even if he carries me, they'll still pick up our scents." Bella informed.

"Your stench however, as Clara described it, is revolting." Edward deadpanned hiding his laugh.

"Sorry Jake." Clara added. Jacob snorted knowing that Clara didn't mean offence but he scoffed and took a step towards Edward who meant it in a mocking and offensive term.

"Dude you really don't wanna start comparing stinks." Jacob growled.

"What Edward means is...." Clara clapped her hands snapping them out of their small stare-off, "That your scent can mask off Bella's, if you take her there."

"Done." Jacob nodded with a grin.
"This is not a good idea." Edward mumbled.
"Edward they won't wanna get anywhere near his....... odour." Jasper told and Clara stifled a laugh.

"Odour-de-wolf coming up." Jacob said picking Bella up in his arms and sending Edward a smirk. Edward rolled his eyes and the light gritted teeth ordered,
"Run."

Jacob's smirk only grew as he sprinted off carrying Bella. A few minutes passed and Clara got off Jasper's back allowing him to run into the woods in search for Bella's scent. He returned soon and shook his head.

"No Bella, only wolf stench." He said.
"Great now that we're done with that, can we go and watch the movie now?" Clara asked making Jasper chuckle and nod as he picked her up in his arms and sped off.

"Jaz! You have to warn me before you suddenly pick me up like this!!" Clara scolded.

Jasper smirked. "What's the fun it that Darlin'?"

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎ʕ •́؈

"Of all movies, you settled in for a Disney Movie?" Jasper snorted as Clara started the movie and cuddled close to him. The two had returned to the Cullen household and after a while of staying there, Clara had received a phone call from her father who told her that he would be staying with Billy for the night.
Since Bella was at campsite with Edward, Clara had to go back to guard the house. So Jasper came along and the two were currently cuddled in bed, about to start watching the Disney movie Clara had chosen.

"Jaz, there's nothing better than watching a nice movie of magic and love with a happy ending to calm us." Clara said. Jasper raised a brow and his mate asked,

"Don't think I haven't noticed. You're worried aren't you? About losing someone?"

Jasper bit his lip before nodding. Truth was, he was terrified. The Cullens were Jasper's only family after coming to the North and he cared deeply for them. Carlisle and Esme had guided him, Alice was his best friend, Emmett was his gaming partner, Edward was the one who understood all about him because of his ability to read minds and Rosalie was a supportive accepting sister. Jasper didn't want to lose any of them in the battle. Especially if they might die in front of him.
But the one he was most terrified of losing was Clara. He had already let go of her one time and it hadn't even been a year since they patched up. She was his mate, his lover. He didn't think he could handle the grief and guilt if Clara died in battle, especially if she died in front of him.

Clara knew exactly what he was talking about. The Cullens were her second family. Emmett was her childish younger brother, Rosalie was her amazing older sister, Alice and her were like twins who agreed with everything, Carlisle and Esme were the welcoming parents and even though her and Edward didn't converse as much, she still thought of him as an annoying brother she cared for. And Jasper, he was her mate and the love of her life. If he lost his life, Clara couldn't comprehend the kind of mess she would be. A few months apart was also enough for her heart to be crushed, she could not imagine forever without him.

"Jaz, look at me." Clara cupped his face, "Everything will turn out to be okay alright? I don't know how, but it will. Just breathe in and breathe out. It will turn out better than okay, you'll see." She calmly assured him with a bright smile.

Jasper nodded. He didn't know how Clara could remain so calm and optimistic, but it was influencing him. Something about her calm tone or her positive tone brought him serenity that he needed. The fact that her smile was also as beautiful and bright as ever helped in that point.

"You're just wonderful Clara." He breadth and she giggled in response before the two connected in for a soft and gentle kiss.

They pulled apart a few minutes after and smiled. Jasper's hand went to the laptop lid as he pushed it down and shut it off.

"Darlin', let's watch this movie another night. Hm?" Jasper asked in a mere whisper. His Southern tone and voice husky, bringing butterflies to Clara's stomach and set upon a giddy feeling in her.

Clara nodded. "Okay." She mumbled and wrapped her arms around his neck, running her hands through his golden locks as their lips once again met in a passionate kiss.

" She mumbled and wrapped her arms around his neck, running her hands through his golden locks as their lips once again met in a passionate kiss