𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

2 weeks had passed. Bella and Clara stayed cooped up in their room. But unlike Bella who lived in a depressive state, Clara did activities to help her move on. She updated her blog with the title 'Heartbreak' and it quickly got famous among her readers. She started reading books and for the first time, they weren't boring. At all. She attended online classes and did her assignments and studies.

But it was hard honestly. Even if she was occupied in the day, at night was when the worst came. Memories flashed throughout her mind and that was when she missed and thought of Jasper the most. And falling asleep was the only thing which helped Clara escape her heartache. To escape the pain.

| (• ◡•)|| (• ◡•)|| (• ◡•)|| (• ◡•)|

Clara had, several times, snuck into Bella's room and tried to talk to her. But Bella was like a living zombie, she didn't response, didn't nod, didn't do anything. And Clara couldn't help but be mad at Edward for turning her sister like this. Edward and Clara had never been as close as she was with his other siblings but still, Clara trusted him to be with her sister and he crushed her heart. Bella's state worried Clara every passing day and she wasn't the only one.

Charlie had never felt so hopeless in his life. Seeing his two daughters so broken was something he wished would have never happened. He was slightly relieved of Clara's case because she was slowly trying to get better. The one who concerned him the most was Bella. She had hardly eaten nor spoken anything the past two week and Charlie feared that at this rate, Bella would drop dead. He wanted nothing more than to take away their pain but he could do nothing. All Charlie could do was watch from the sidelines and wait. And he hated that.

(•̀ᴗ•́)و(•̀ᴗ•́)و(•̀ᴗ•́)و(•̀ᴗ•́)و(•̀ᴗ•́)و(•̀ᴗ•́)و

It was the morning of October 1st. It was Clara's birthday. Her 17th birthday.
Charlie was eating his breakfast of cereal and eggs when he heard a door open and close. He then heard footsteps coming down from the stairs. His eyebrow raised.

Charlie dropped his spoon when Clara walked into the kitchen, taking a glass and pouring water on it. It was the first he had seen any of his daughters in about 2 weeks. Clara was wearing a long black sweater that was shaped, blue denim jeans, long flat black boots and a soft scarf.

 Clara was wearing a long black sweater that was shaped, blue denim jeans, long flat black boots and a soft scarf

"Morning dad." She smiled softly. Charlie cleared his throat regaining his composure and recovering from the shock.

"Morning kiddo..... Uh... happy birthday......" he wished. Clara smiled and hugged him.

"Thanks dad."
"So.... what are you doing....? Coming out.....?...." Charlie awkwardly asked.

"It's my birthday isn't it? I figured, I'll go to Seattle and walk around. Have some fresh air and give myself time to think about my feelings." Clara said. Charlie proudly grinned and patted her.

"Bye dad!" Clara walked out and heard a faint, "Bye kiddo!"

▼・ᴥ・▼▼・ᴥ・▼▼・ᴥ・▼

Clara smiled as she sipped her coffee and walked through the streets of Seattle, holding a bag of clothes she had just bought in one hand.
As she walked, memories flashed inside her head. Memories of her, Rosalie and Alice spending the entire day shopping, memories of her dragging Bella out for a spa day and most of all, memories of her and Jasper holding hands, shopping and kissing and laughing. The memories of Jasper's smile came to her head and Clara had to bite the inside of her cheek to prevent herself from breaking down. It was her birthday, she wanted to be happy.

Clara entered a restaurant and took a seat.

"Welcome to Eat and Eat. What would you like?" A waitress came over with a notepad. Clara looked at the menu and after an internal battle of what to get, she finally ordered.

"Since it's my birthday, I'd like a plate of the Birthday flavour cake please. Along with a glass of raspberry soda."

The waitress nodded and left leaving Clara behind to open her book and read. Clara still felt bored reading long thick books, especially regarding History, but she was very much interested in Fantasy or Adventure books. The book she was reading currently was Treasure Island by Robert Stevenson.

The waitress came with the cake and drink not long after and Clara thanked her. Clara then stared at the cake before looking around her and sighing.

"Happy Birthday to me......" she lowly sang and clapped for herself before she started eating her cake. Even the sweetness of the cake couldn't prevent the immense loneliness and sadness Clara felt.
This was not what she expected her birthday to be. Her dream birthday was to spend the day cuddling and chatting with Jasper. Then have a party at night where Rosalie, her and Alice would have their usual chat with Bella and Esme joining and in the end, her and Emmett would finally have their video game match which Clara would surely win.
But that wasn't what she got. Clara finished her food and spent the rest of her day enjoying the breeze and busting random places and shops in Seattle. She spent her birthday all alone and as much as she wanted Jasper to be with her, she also hoped that she'd never see them again.

While walking, Clara reflected on many things. She loved Jasper and he would forever have a special place in her heart, but Clara didn't know how she would react if he had come back. She understood why he did what he did, but she didn't approve it. She was upset and disappointed at him and she didn't want to meet him again. Because if she did, Clara knew that she would fall for him all over again and she was honestly afraid of that. She was afraid of trusting and loving another person again. Jasper promised her he loved her and that he would never leave, look at the outcome. Not everything and certainly, not everyone had happy endings.

"Stupid Jasper. Why can't you make me hate you completely? That would make everything so much easier." Clara mumbled as she drank her coffee and looked out at the sunset by the sea, a tear escaping and rolling down her cheek.

" Clara mumbled as she drank her coffee and looked out at the sunset by the sea, a tear escaping and rolling down her cheek