23

We're Not Friends | 23

One Week Later
Sunday
September 4th, 2022

"How's my sweet boy doing? Isn't Laura supposed to be here soon?" Stormie asks Ross. She sits down beside him on one of the lay down lounges in the backyard. It's the annual family dinner at the Lynch's, but Laura was stuck in rehearsals longer than expected.

"She's on her way." He tells his mom. She has her first rehearsal and clothes fitting for her performance on James Corden this Thursday. Stormie raises her eyebrows, urging Ross to tell her how he is. "I'm doing good, mom." He adds with a small laugh.

"How long did your fever last?" She asks. After taking care of Laura, Ross wasn't surprised when he came down with a fever this last Thursday morning. Laura's fever lasted two days with an extra day of body aches, but Ross' fever only lasted one day. He just had bad headaches and felt weak the last few days. Flying home was awful yesterday, he passed out the second they got to Laura's. Today is the first day he's felt normal since Thursday, so I guess that's something to celebrate.

"Just a day. I managed not to get any of my cast mates sick. Well, at least not yet." She grins.

"That's cause you weren't smooching and cuddling up on your cast mates like you were with Laura." She teases.

"She was miserable, I couldn't not be with her." He defends himself. Honestly, Ross is a baby when he gets sick, too. He demanded cuddles and back scratches every night.

"You're my sweet boy, of course you couldn't let her be by herself." He gives his mom a small smile. "Have you been thinking of a birthday present for her?" Ross furrows his eyebrows.

"Mom, her birthday isn't for another couple of months. No, I haven't thought of a birthday present." Stormie frowns.

"Ross, you two haven't given a birthday present to each other for years. You're dating now, it needs to be special!" Ross shrugs. "Doesn't your guys' filming wrap up around her birthday?"

"Kinda, yeah. I know I wrap up the first week of November. Laura's production is still deciding on a date but the latest would be the third week of November to give everyone time to move some of their things home before thanksgiving." He explains. "I was actually thinking about staying until she wraps up so we can road trip back down. Probably fly into Seattle and stay a night or two, rent a car and then drive the coast down. Take a few stops into some beach towns or something." He shrugs.

"Aw, I think that is a wonderful idea! You two would have lots of fun." Ross nods.

"Yeah, I haven't talked to her about it yet. I'll have to see if she's up for it." Stormie gently nudges her son. "What?" He asks, giving his mom a small smile.

"You two make me happy." She admits. "I've always had that little hope in the back of my mind that you two would date. My Austin and Ally and Raura heart is full." Ross playfully rolls his eyes.

"You and half the world." He mumbles.

"When are you guys going to announce it?" She asks. He shrugs.

"I don't know, there's really no rush." Their cast minds only found out about them a little over a week ago. They haven't really thought about telling the fans. "We're just playing things by ear." He adds. Just then his phone dings with a text.