First day, worst day

"Oh my god John b get the hell up!" Shea yelled pounding on her brothers door.

"Go awayyyy, who needs schoolll" he said dragging out his words.

"I don't know but it's our first day, we can't be late! Now get your ass up! I'm driving!" She said before walking back to her room.

She had already put on makeup and straightened her hair so all she needed to do was pick out an outfit. She put on Jean shorts and then found a beige t shirt crop top to go along with it. She made sure she had everything she needed and walked out to see John b on the couch with his bag and phone in hand.

"Okay you ready?" Shea asked slipping into her white vans.

"Yeah lets do this" he said getting up and leading them out of the house.

The whole drive to the school Shea was excited but she was also so nervous, her leg bounced up and down and she hit her thumb nail as she watched out the window.

"Shea, you don't need to be so nervous, it's the same thing every year" John b reminded her.

"I know but I can't help it, this year is different" Shea sighed.

"How is it different, because your dating JJ?" He asked.

"I guess yeah, but we're also in grade 11 and that's when all the important shit starts, so if this year starts off shitty it's gonna end shitty" Shea said and looked at John b.

"It'll be perfectly fine, and I'm here with you so if you need help I'm here, and Kiara's here now too so you have her" he smiled.

"Yeah I'm glad she's here, how are you gonna do without sarah everyday?" She asked.

"I don't know, I'm kinda bummed but we'll see each other whenever we have free time" he said.

"Okay good, have you talked to kiara yet about the situation?" Shea asked.

"Um no, I was gonna talk to her at lunch today" he said gripping the wheel.

"Okay good, I don't like that y'all are fighting" Shea said looking back at the road.

"Me neither" he said softly.

A few minutes later we pull up to school and Shea sees Kiara standing near the front with pope. John b parks the van and Shea quickly gets out and goes over to the 2.

"Hey guys" shea smiles, "you excited to be at our school Kie?" Shea asks.

"Yes very, but I'm nervous, what are your classes?" She asked.

"I have art first, then gym, then lunch, then I have math and then science" Shea said.

"Oh my god, I have everything except for art" Kiara says excitedly.

Shea squealed and gave her a side hug, "I already know I have no classes with pope, he's in academic" Shea says.

"Same, we'll only see him at lunch" John b said.

"Well actually I have gym with y'all, so all of us will be together" he said.

"Oh okay great, can't go a day without seeing pope" Kiara said with a smile.

Shea looked around and couldn't find JJ, she picked up her phone and went to text him, and when she did he didn't answer. She sighed and put her phone down.

"Is JJ really gonna be late on the first day?" Shea asked.

"Well that's JJ for you, but we gotta go in or we're gonna be late too" Kiara said and grabbed sheas hand.

Shea nodded and took one last glance around the yard before going inside, her and Kiara made their way to art and sat at the back of the class. Shea kept glancing at the window they sat beside and the door, just in case JJ would waltz right through.

As the second bell rang for class to start Shea sighed and looked down at her book, but then the door opened quickly and everyone's eyes went to JJ who stood there with a bruise on his cheek and a cut near his eyebrow.

"Excuse me Mr Maybank?" Our teacher asked. "Late on the first day again? This is a reoccurring thing and I hope it stops young man" she said.

"Uh sorry" he said and walked over to the table in front of Kiara and Shea, Shea furrowed her eyebrows and tapped his shoulder.

He turned around and she gave him a worried look, "did your dad do that?" She asked with a whisper.

"Yeah, that's why I was late" he said, she gave him a pity full smile and he just shrugged and turned around. Shea glanced at Kiara who gave her a worried smile but then they looked back at the front to the teacher.

After class ended Shea quickly walked JJ out of the classroom and pulled him away from the door.

"Are you okay?" She asked putting her hands on his chest.

"Yeah just a little pissed off, but if we're rubbing in gym I'll get all the anger out of me" he said with a smile.

"Okay, we'll, I need to go get changed and so do you so I'll see you in gym" she smiled and leaned up to give him a kiss.

She smiled and waved as she walked the opposite way of him, JJ watched and sighed. He felt extra shitty knowing that the girl he hooked up with was at their school so the chance of Shea finding out was bigger now.