~38~ Red Lipstick

Helllloooo. Happy reading

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Another time skip lol)

Today was Friday which meant it was Halloween. George hadn't talked to Clay about any relationship related things between the two because he simply didn't know what he himself wanted. Nathan had come home yesterday, practically black out drunk as per usual, and had been sleeping straight for about 16 hours.

Even though today was Halloween, George still had to go to school. He decided, since his father was home, that he shouldn't wear anything too feminine for his own safety. Today's outfit included a simple pair of high-waisted black ripped skinny jeans that hugged George's figure a little too perfectly.

He wore the Pink Floyd concert t-shirt he got at the thrift shop on the pier. His shoes were basic red hightop converse that matched the rainbow strip on the shirt (search up 'pink floyd concert t-shirt 1998' and you'll know what shirt he's wearing). The laces, which were too long for comfort like always, were wrapped around his ankles before they were tied. His hair was fluffed and blow dried as usual. Everything was normal, as normal as George's life was anyway.

He stood in front of the full-length mirror, a bright smile on his face. The light blush that was recently coated on his cheeks made his cheeks even pinker as he smiled.

"One more day till I'm 18" He whispered to himself. He crossed his arms before saying "One more day till we can leave."

George's mood today could not be shaken, he was extremely happy. Who wouldn't be? He grabbed his bag off the floor by his bed and the green letterman jacket that hung on his desk chair before walking out the door. He softly knocked on Beth's door three times which told her he'll be downstairs and that she has about 10 minutes to get in the car before he leaves her at home.

He quietly walked downstairs. His mother was sleeping upstairs in her room and he had no idea where his father was, hence him trying to be as quiet as possible.

George peaked around the corner where he had visual access to the living room. All he saw were feet, which he knew were his father's because of the dirty black Under Armour shoes that were haning over the couch's armrest.

The boy scrunched his nose at the faint smell of alcohol that was basically seeping out of his fathers skin. The sound of his loud ass snores echoed down the hall. George quietly walked to the kitchen before grabbing three granola bars along with three apples. He shoved them into a paper bag as quietly as possible. When George was about to turn around, he heard footsteps behind him. They were pretty quiet, not loud protruding steps that were known by his one and only bastard of a dad.

"You ready Be-" George turned around, nearly jumping out his skin from being met with his mother leaning her back on the counter behind him.

"Goodmorning Mum" George greeted with a warm smile and hushed voice. Sophia smiled in response, crossing her arms in doing so. There was an extremely colorful small-ish bag behind her, blue tissue paper fluffing out the top.

"Morning honey, going to school?" Sophia asked. George nodded and eyed the bag behind her.

"What's that?" George nodded to the bag behind his mom. The woman smiled sweetly and carefully took the bag in her hands, extending it towards her son.

"Happy early birthday" She said, placing the bag into George's hands. He gave her a puzzled look. She never really got him presents, and when she did they weren't big, he appreciated them nonetheless. The last time he got a present from his mother was maybe christmas, he had gotten a fountain pen from the casino she went to in Vegas with his Dad. She never wrapped the gift, never.