Belphie x Reader x Diavolo - Harsh Words and Soft Kisses

Belphegor pov:

I didn't mean it! (Y/N), I swear I didn't mean any of it! Please wake up! Please!!! PLEASE!!!

"WHAT DID YOU DO!" screams a voice in pure anger. Glancing up, the terror sets in as I stare down the yeller. I am in very deep trouble.

Earlier that week... (Still Belphie pov)

Glancing out the classroom window, I gaze out at the beautiful permanently dark and starry sky. As my eyes start to feel tired and droopy, I happen to look down to the courtyard outside and the sight makes my stomach twist in fear and adrenaline. Through the window, I can see (Y/N) cornered by three demon punks. Without thinking, I make a reckless decision and jump out of the window to the ground, which is two stories down. As I stand up, I see the thugs starting to rush me. Three against one... this'll be fun.

Taking in my surroundings, the stone bench quickly grabs my attention. I rip off the top and swing it around. With a loud thunk, the stone makes contact with one of the demon's faces, sending them flying to the ground. Turning around on a dime, as humans would call it, I sock one of the other demons in the face. His cussing comes streaming past the blood dripping from his broken nose. However, I don't give him time to recover. I grab his horns and ram his face into the ground until he is effectively passed out.

Whipping around, I scour the remaining area for the third demon, but he is nowhere in sight. Suddenly, my ears pick up a rustling sound to my right. Acting ignorant to the noise, I allow for the demon to slowly creep closer and closer to me. Rushing, he jumps up in an attempted air attack. Transforming, I grab his throat by his windpipe.

"You'll be my example. If anyone ever goes near her threateningly again, then they'll end up just like you." I growl out through clenched teeth as I crush his windpipe. Have fun recovering from that you dimwitted thug.

As I finish, a rush of movement registers in my peripherals. I whip around as my claws make contact. My eyes widen in the realization of what I'd just done. I'd just clawed (Y/N) right across the chest. "Belphie?"

"(Y/N)..." I mumble in guilt.

"Belphie," she whispers. "It's okay. This is my fault. I approached you when you were on high alert, and I'm sorry."

Shaking my head, I gaze into her eyes. "Why did they even target you to start with?"

"They were bullying Luke, so I stepped in and-" she started before I cut her off.

Eyes widening in shock, I take a step back from her. "You mean that you put yourself in danger for the chihuahua!"

"What do you mean?!" she asks. "Of course I did! Luke is still, in all technicality, a child!"

"IN ALL TECHNICALITY, HE IS AN ANGEL!" I can't help as I yell back at her in anger.

Crossing her arms, she stares me down. "What do you mean?! That I shouldn't have helped and or protected him?!"

"That's exactly what I mean! He is an angel, while you are a little insignificant human! I wish you never came on this stupid exchange program! It would save me the napless afternoons chasing after your stupid worthless rear that has no self-preservation!" I scream in her face, and my anger emanating through my voice.

However, that quickly changed as she stepped back and tears of realization started to prickle in her eyes. Slowly, the previous words start to sink into the pit of my stomach. Her tears falling makes the pain even more realistic.

"(Y/N), I-" I start as the utter terror of my words kicks in.

She slowly starts to back away from me. "I-I-I-I'm worthless to you?" she chokes out as the tears pour out.