Chapter 30

Sucrose put her hands onto her lap and stared at the green food inside the pot that was in front of her. Even though Albedo assured her it was fine, she couldn't help but feel anxious and embarrassed. The timid girl sighed and gathered up her small amount of courage. "U-uhm, Master Albedo?" She mentally slapped herself for sounding so quiet. What if Albedo didn't hear?

"Hmm?" A smooth voice came. The dusty blonde peeked at Sucrose from behind a shelf, one hand holding a testing tube filled with grinded hilichurl toenails. "Do you need anything?"

"Ah, I, um, m-maybe you should make Sunshine Sprat instead, I-I know you told me it's fine, but my meal isn't visually appealing with such a tick texture and green color, a-and it doesn't exactly smell the best, and though it is quite nutritious, it isn't as good as your cooking, s-so, uhm..." Sucrose awkwardly finished, hesitant eyes staring at the testing tube.

"Mmm, I'll make some if they don't like your cooking. Though personally I think it's quite delicious," he responded with observant eyes, which were staring at Sucrose's amber ones. He lifted up his testing tube, and the mint haired girl changed where her eyes were looking. "Do you want to inspect this?"

"Well, if it doesn't disturb y-your experiments, then I w-would love to," she answered shyly, a small blush under her bright eyes from embarrassment.

Albedo tossed the testing tube towards her and was just about to go back to his desk when Sucrose suddenly yelled, "A-Ah! Welcome back! I-I made some food for y-you guys. I h-hope you will like it."

Albedo turned around and tried hard not to chuckle at the sight. Xiao had an annoyed expression written all over his face. His damp hair had small chunks of snow in it, which was slowly melting. His clothes were also wet, and his boots had snow stuck onto them. Feiya was behind him, snowflakes in her also damp hair. She was hugging herself while shivering despite the giant coat enveloping her body. That too, was wet at the bottom. "Oh my, perhaps you should eat near the fire rather than at the table," Albedo said.

"Ah yes, that sounds lovely. And the food smells quite different than the type I am used to. I will surely enjoy eating it," Feiya said, replying to both scientists. She looked over at Xiao and nudged him. "It is quite rude of you to not say anything, Xiao."

"N-No, it's fine!" Sucrose exclaimed. "Uh, I'll go find some dry clothes for the two of you!"

"No," Xiao said immediately. Feiya furrowed her eyebrows and nudged him again. Sucrose stood there dumbfounded, processing his words, or word, perhaps. Albedo leaned against the bookshelf, amused.

"O-Oh, I'll prepare dry clothes for Feiya, then."

"I appreciate that, but there is no need. Only the coat is wet, which I am planning to take off."

"I see. Th-Then, I'll bring some chairs near a torch so you two can sit there."

"I'll help," Albedo chimed in. He looked at Feiya, and their eyes locked. "I have a proposal on how to help you, so we shall discuss it after eating, does that sound good?"

Feiya nodded and smiled. "Thank you."

The four had the food Sucrose made, and to her relief, Feiya absolutely loved it. Xiao didn't say anything, but he didn't object either, so he probably was fine with it.

After everyone was content with their fill, an awkward silence filled the room. Xiao didn't find the need to say anything. Sucrose was too hesitant. Albedo was wondering how to present his idea. But also, nobody spoke as they could sense Feiya was deep in thought.

Finally, the silence ended when the cyan haired adeptus, who was sitting next to the girl, poked Feiya's arm, making her blink. "Pay attention, it seems Albedo is ready to propose his solution."

"Well, I wouldn't call it a solution. More of a push into letting Feiya decide what to do, I would say," Albedo corrected.

"Sounds interesting," Feiya stated.

"Sucrose and I think that perhaps you should write a philosophy for Xiao."

The grey haired blinked again, and turned her head to look at Xiao, who looked back at her. Feiya raised an eyebrow, as if to say, 'Just show how surprised you are.' The adeptus looked away instead. Sucrose covered her mouth to muffle a giggle.

"My explanation for this, if I may. Feiya, before, you spoke of being guilty for knowing how much Xiao had suffered, yet did nothing to help him. And that you were confused as to whether you are truly friends with him. Don't you think perhaps writing him such a thing will make your feelings clearer? By writing and ideology, with your smart brains that love to think so much, I'm sure you will conjure up something. And I'm sure you will realize something about your friendship while writing it.

"Not only that, but maybe you will find some inspiration from this. You used your mother's words as a philosophy, right? You said you felt guilty, since you felt like you were taking advantage of her, right? If you write your own philosophy for yourself, maybe you will find a way for you to live. And perhaps, if word goes out, other people will hear your theory, and it won't be just you that benefits. So, what do you think?"

Feiya stared at Albedo, for a full few minutes. Should I try this? Am I smart enough to make such an abstract thing? What if it doesn't benefit Xiao? Then perhaps years of work would be lost. She glanced at Xiao. Though I think he could benefit from one if I put a lot of effort into it. She looked back at Albedo. And this is such a good idea, Albedo and Sucrose must have put quite some thought into it. I must not let this go to waste.

Feiya smiled. "I will gladly try your idea."

*Realization that I might need to write two philosophies*

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DO I DO THIS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AND FINALS ARE COMING SOON WHYYYYYYAJDHFAUESHJDGAUHSDGJUHGDASAIWSR

Well I guess there shall be a day where I upload slower than my brain doing things that require me to think.