Chapter 7

Feiya broke free from the hoarders and immediately defeated them all, leaving them unconscious. She didn't even break a sweat, it was quite easy. The grey haired scowled at the greed of the treasure hoarders as she continued walking. How they were willing to harm others just for the sake of their own nonsense disgusted her greatly.

That's when it hit her. Like a pain in the stomach. She stopped walking, thinking about last night.

The mobs had attacked her, yet she killed them all, even when the day before that she was saying how unfair it was to harm others who were acting in self defense. Were the mobs merely trying to protect themselves? Slimes don't usually attack unless feeling threatened if you come into their territory. Abyss mages were different. They would attack anyone they see. So killing the mages was fine. But killing the slimes... 

She shook her head in disappointment for herself. How could she attack them for no reason? Especially when she had thought about how unreasonable it was with the hilichurls. 

Feiya grit her teeth. I wonder where the Yaksha is... she thought. I will need him to see him later.

Feiya returned to the inn and finished her shift. Verr was now more concerned, as the girl now looked more down than before. Verr knew better than to ask Feiya to open up though. She wouldn't say a thing.

When Feiya came to Verr's desk, Verr gave her the compensation. She was about to say farewell when the sixteen year old girl spoke up. "May I book a room for one day? The same one I used yesterday." 

Verr was in shock. Feiya rarely stayed at the inn.

"Of course!" Verr exclaimed happily. "No need for payment, it's on me. The room should be ready, so you can go ahead and make yourself at home." Verr had a content smile on her face. "I'm so happy you're staying, you rarely do."

Feiya cooked almond tofu and placed it at a table on the highest balcony. She sat in a chair next to it, waiting for Xiao. Her eyes admired the view. The clear, blue-green water, the vast land, the setting sky.

It was about fifteen when Xiao landed on the roof with a soft "thunk." The adeptus immediately smelled the aroma of tofu and saw the grey girl sitting next to his favorite treat.

Feiya turned around to meet Xiao's eyes. "I made it for you. May we talk for a little?"

The two sat together. Feiya stared mindlessly, or so Xiao thought, into the sky, while said Xiao ate his tofu, practically inhaling it, yet still having good etiquette. Quite the hard deed to be able to do.

After the adeptus was done, he looked at her. "What do you want?"

Feiya continued gazing at the sky, now a swirl of yellow and orange and purple. She spoke straightforwardly. "I would like you to execute me."