Chapter 8

"Pardon?" Xiao said, astonished. How can a girl calmly ask for death just like that?

Feiya's eyes locked with Xiao's. "I wish for you to execute me. I did something horrible."

"I knew you were up to nothing good."

Feiya sighed and stared at her lap. "I killed innocent slimes mindlessly. I had no valid reason to. And yet I did it." She looked at Xiao. "You saw it with your own eyes."

A small silence commenced.

Xiao was taken aback, even insulted by the fact that this mortal would dare waste his time for such a silly thing. "You want me to execute you because you defeated an enemy?" he said, annoyed.

Feiya got up, frustrated. "I didn't defeat an enemy! It was a helpless slime who was afraid of me! And without thinking, I killed them all!" She shouted, glaring at him furiously. Some other people in the Inn looked at her with alarm. It was unlike her character to suddenly become so mad. The fact that this calm girl became so worked up over a slime is quite entertaining.

"Don't yell at me," Xiao replied coldly. "Your reason to be executed is invalid for my standards. Besides, you wished them a happy afterlife when blowing their ashes. I will not harm a human who did nothing wrong." Truth be told, he was mad. Mad at this mortal for daring to yell and argue with him. Should Feiya be a normal girl, Xiao would glare and scold. But there was a certain feeling he couldn't make out. A feeling that didn't want to do so.

Feiya sat down, her eyes still angry. "I apologize for yelling, but I still did something wrong. I ended a creature's life... and that creature didn't do anything wrong for me to kill it," she replied stubbornly.

Xiao didn't say anything. He was sure she some kind of mental illness. How is a girl crying over a mere slime?

 But he also felt like he could relate. Relate with her guilt. How many times had he pondered over his time murdering for an unknown god? How many times had he clenched his fists whilst thinking of all the humans he couldn't save? How many times? Far too many to count.

Usually, he would make sure she wasn't a threat and then leave. Usually, he would leave her alone with her own problems. But he could understand her. Even if she's guilty over the smallest little worry, she still has an emotion that Xiao had grown fond of. And so, knowing how painful it is, he pitied her.

Xiao stood up and grabbed Feiya's hand, pulling her to stand. "Get on my back, I'm taking you somewhere."

Feiya raised an eyebrow. "Where?"

"To where you shall be executed," Xiao lied. Perhaps he forgot that young adults are not as easily bribed as children can be.

"I do apologize, but I am not stupid. I do not believe the stubborn man from last night would suddenly give in like that. Especially since you refused only a few seconds ago."

Xiao sighed. As much as he found Feiya similar, she was no doubt a hindrance as well. The adeptus swept her up quickly, earning an angry yelp. He jumped off the balcony and sped towards the pharmacy in Liyue Harbor.

Why hello kind stranger, I hope you're enjoying me book so far :D

Thank you for all the comments and votes and reads that you give, it makes me feel very happy :>

For an upcoming chapter, the traveler in Genshin is going to be making an appearance (and maybe catches Xiao's eye just maybeeee)

It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could decide on either Aether or Lumine because I am indecisive.

Also, I hope it's okay for me to have short chapters along with long ones. Sometimes when I write the chapter feels short but it ends at a well-fit part, so a lot of these chapters are really short, I hope you don't mind though.

That's all, and thank you for tolerating me, kind stranger :)))