Flowers

underlined is Russian

Warnings:
mentions/depictions of physical abuse (A bit later in the story)

Mentions of old wounds (from the abuser)

this is about 3990 words long so editing won't be the best.

*Russia*

I sigh, fidgeting with my pen. I glance around the café.

I can see several couples happily enjoying their dates. I grimace and try to focus on my paper.

I hear countries giggling and saying loving things to each other. I rest my head on the table.

I grumble. The nearby countries drop to whispers. Whispering about me.

I should just leave.

I get up, grabbing my things. I already paid for the stuff I got, so I walk out of the café.

Right now everyone is living on Borders Keep, more commonly known as the countryhumans island.

Everyone steers clear of me though, so I might as well move to my territory.

As I'm walking home, I slow down. I don't want to deal with Soviet right now...

I see America, happily talking to some other countries. Neko-Japan looks over and sees me.

She turns to the others and starts whispering. Some of them lean away. America looks over at me, his smile fading.

I trip and almost fall, but I catch myself. Where can I go that isn't home?

The pub. But then it'll be to loud and I'll most likely get drunk, and I can't do that with this paper.

I mean, I can't do anything unless someone I know is sitting near me anyways. And not someone I've met once or twice, but someone I'm at least kind of close to.

I yawn. Shit, they gave me something with caffeine in it. I notice that America looks a little concerned while the others are laughing about me tripping.

I turn and walk to the small park. I sit on one of the benches and try working, but there's birds.

I yawn again. I tuck my paper in my bag, then lay down on the bench. I soon fall asleep.

*+*A while later*+*

I jump awake, hearing something get plugged in. I look around, then see Sam next to a tall speaker. He sees that I'm awake and frowns.

The electricity is still buzzing. I cover my ears and get up. I check to make sure I have everything, then get out of the park.

How did Sam plug it in? An extension cord? That might explain why the buzzing is so loud. I doubt he heard it.

Father keeps the buzzing light on all the time because he can't hear it but he knows I can hear it, and that the noise hurts my ears.