~Chapter- 3~

"Bro! Yaar! He is such a pain in the ass! My ass to be specific! Why does he always have a stick up his ass?" Rudra whined as we walked out of the class and I and Kabir chuckled at his face

"It was fine you cry baby! You are the one who never does your assignment on time and then whines about how the professor scolded him! Instead you can just complete your assignment right?" Kabir said and Rudra glared at him.

"Oh shut up! I completed half but then I felt very sleepy that I dozed off and the next thing I know class is in ten minutes! I had to rush to college" Rudra said sulking and I smacked his head.

"The assignment was given a week ago. Who told you to do it on the last day that too at midnight?" I said and he just rubbed his head sticking his tongue out at me.

"Tch tch! Real mature bro!" I said and we three laughed.

"I still can't believe we three are together from our 10th grade! I mean who would've thought three weird guys became best friends in 10th and suddenly they made plans to always stick together and here we are after all these years still stuck with each other!" Rudra exclaimed dramatically and me and Kabir just shook our heads. God this guy is super dramatic!

"I knew we would all be together before too, so now stop with your drama and go get us coffee. Today is your turn!" Kabir said and Rudra got up to go to the stall and get us coffee.

I looked at my phone to see a message from my dad saying he will be late tonight due to heavy work in office and that I have to pick up Veer from his college.

Guess there is a need for introduction!? Where do I start? I am Zian Khurana, I am 23 years old and I am pursuing my Master's in Microprocessors and Microcontrollers. I have my own small world in this big world. My family consists of three.... actually five. My dad, my younger brother and my two best friends Kabir and Rudra. My mom passed away six years ago due to blood cancer. She was my sunshine......but unfortunately I couldn't keep that shine forever in my life. I am a very normal guy whose world revolves around his family and friends and studies. I don't have time for distractions. After mom passed away dad crumbled and since then he worked so hard to get back on his feet and take care of us. And all I want to do is take care of him and my brother Veer in every way possible. For that I need to complete my studies fast and get a nice job.

I am anyways doing a part time job with Kabir in a company nearby online and I get paid off well.

Kabir, Rudra and I met when we were in 9th grade. My Dad got transferred here to Mumbai from Delhi here for work and I was the new kid. They both knew each other before but interacted less. We three were made a group in our science class for an year and that's how we kicked it off. They both had the same interests as me in studies and we always stuck with each other throughout engineering college and now master's. 

I looked up at Kabir to see him distracted and I followed his line of sight to see him looking at his girl.

"Can't take your eyes off her can you?" I teased him with a small smirk on my face and he snapped out of his trance a blush spreading down his neck. He rubbed his neck nervously and chuckled.