Chapter 36 - Doctor Carrington

My arm kept feeling like it was on fire, as we made our way to the opening in the tunnel. 

"We're almost there Sam." Harry muttered as his grip tightened around my waist, his eyes were locked on the light that was a only a few steps away. 

I couldn't believe what had happened, it seemed almost unreal. To be honest I had believed that Christina's ghost wouldn't want to hurt us... but I guess I was wrong.

What would have happened if I hadn't found the Rosemary on the floor?

Harry would have...died. 

I don't know what I would have done if that happened.

I was taken out of my thoughts at the feeling of bright light blinding me momentarily. When my eyes finally adjusted to the change of brightness, I saw before me a trail that was partly covered by autumn leaves.  

"Now which way do we go?" I asked turning my head to look at Harry.

"I know exactly which way to go. Don't worry darling, we are going to be out of here in no time." 

I smiled at his determination and the fact that this was the second time that he called me darling.

We both turned off the flashlight from our phones and before I knew it we made our way down a trail, and then we crossed a little wooden bridge, but something felt odd.

"How come we haven't seen anybody in the park today?" I wondered with furrowed eyebrows, looking around us as we kept walking.

"Hmmm you're right, it's strange. Normally there are a lot of people who come here..." He replied also looking around us with raised eyebrows and a confused expression. 

Then we reached the entrance of the park and we happily made our way out of it. 

I felt a huge wave of relief as I saw my house, and the best thing was that my mom's car was still not there, meaning she hadn't arrived yet.

"Hey, did your mom ever text you?" Harry asked as we made our way up the steps of the house. 

"Hold on let me check." I said turning on my phone and checking to see if I had any new messages or phone calls. "No, she hasn't texted or called, meaning she's still at her friends place." 

"Great, because I wouldn't know how we would explain your injury, or the fact that my whole body hurts." He shrugged as he outstretched his hand for me to give him my keys, which had luckily stayed in my pockets because of the zippers. 

"True, oh and I have a first aid kit in a cabinet in the bathroom." I said as I handed the keys to him and he opened the door. 

"Which bathroom? I mean this house is so huge that even I could get lost." He pointed out as we entered the foyer, being greeted by Rose, who we greeted back and then carefully made our way upstairs.

"We keep it in the bathroom in my parents room, and according to Clara, your mansion or house or whatever you want to call it, is larger than all of our houses." I stated, and Harry chuckled.

"I guess Clara's right, but I like places that aren't as huge as my house, for example, even though this house is a mansion and all that, it feels cozy." 

We reached my parents room and entered, making our way to the bathroom. 

"So the first aid should be in there." I pointed to the dark brown cabinet door, and Harry went to open it, retrieving the first aid kit. 

"We should probably go to your bathroom right?" Harry asked while already making his way out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, wouldn't want there to be blood in here..."