Chapter 4 - What happened?

I woke up with a jolt. For a moment I didn't know where I was. Then I saw my luggage on the floor and remembered that this was the room I had picked out.

As I sat up I saw my reflection in the mirror that was on the other side of the room. I looked terrible, and as I was about to stand up, my door opened and in came my mother.

"Samantha! Your awake! Oh thank God!" She practically yelled, she then came over to me and hugged me.

"Mom, I ... can't... breath"

"Right, sorry honey. You scared us to death. Why did you scream?" She looked worried, and a little bit concerned.

Suddenly everything came back. I looked at the balcony door of my room, but no one was there and there were no words written in blood.

"Sam? What happened? What's wrong?"

I slowly turned back to my mom, and I knew that I had to tell her the truth.

"Mom, I - I know this is going to sound crazy, but um as I went outside earlier, I saw something. At my balcony door." I pointed to the exact spot where I had seen the 'person'. "And what I saw was a person, or I think it was a person. I don't know who it was. But she looked creepy and totaly deranged. There were words written on the window with blood! It said ' You will be next'."

I finished, and as I saw my mothers expression, I knew that I shoudn't have told her anything.

She looked at me and suddenly her expression started to change. She started laughing like crazy. Her face started to change and then I saw before me the girl from the window. She had an evil grin on her face and as I screamed she started laughing again, but this time the laugh sounded terrifying.

She stopped laughing, but the evil grin didn't go away.

"Samantha Caldwell, you shall die just like every single person who has slept in my bed, and entered my house." She cackeled taking out a knife that was dripping with blood.
I screamed and tried to stand up, but it wouldn't work. I was tied down. I couldn't move.

The knife was about to pierce my skin when I suddenly woke up.
Meeting my mothers frightened eyes.

I gasped. Drenched in sweat I sat up and stood up. I wasn't tied down! It was a dream!

"Sam! Are you all right? What happened!?" My mom hugged me, not wanting to let go. "You know what sweety, you should rest. We will talk about it tommorow. Alright?"

I nodded looking discretely, over to the balcony window, and sure enough, nothing was there.

"Sure mom, thanks. I'm going to stay up just a little while longer."

"Alright honey. Dad and I are going to be downstairs unpacking. Whatever you need you know where to find us." Mom hugged me one last time, kissing me on the forehead and went downstairs.

I know what I saw on the window wasn't a pigment of my imagination.
But I couldn't tell my parents anything about it, they would just think I'm crazy. By tommorow I would have come up with the best explanation for the whole screamimg and fainting thing.

But what scares me the most is that dream.

It felt so real.