Chapter 19 - Who?

Since Harry had to stay at the hospital, we decided to go to visit Elvia that day.

"Tell me what you find out!" Harry yelled at us as we made our way to the door.

"Don't worry we will!" Charles said with a chuckle.

We made our way to the parking lot. I had the book in my hand, still not able to believe that pages had been ripped out.

"Hey Sam, so are we - " Katherine started but was cut off as she bumped into a someone. "Oh I'm so sor- oh hi."

We turned to her, and we saw that the brown haired guy from before was now standing there.

I turned to Arthur who was standing next to Katherine shooting daggers at the unknown guy. Who seemed totally oblivious to the way Arthur was looking at him.

"Hey! Sorry, I should have been watching where I was walking." He said sheepishly.

Katherine smiled shaking her head. "Don't worry yourself, no one was harmed, and I should have also been watching where I was going." She gave him one last smile and made her way to walk around him. But he grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

"I wanted to ask you this before... is it alright if I get your number?" He let go of her wrist and looked at her hopefully. She turned to look at me, her green eyes saying help me please.

But before Katherine could say something, Arthur did something that made me, and the rest of us gape at them.

"Sorry what's your name?." Arthur asked.

"My names Ian..." The guy whose name was Ian said, confusion written on his face.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Arthur, and I'm sorry to disappoint you, but she's already taken." He said wrapping an arm around her waist, pulling her to him. I turned to look at Clara who was trying to stiffle a laugh at Katherine's shocked expression.

"Oh, I'm sorry man. I didn't know." Ian said with a forced smile.

"No problem. Now if you'll excuse us we have to go." With that the conversation between Ian ended, and with a shrug he turned to leave.

Once Ian wasn't within hearing distance, I turned to Arthur and Katherine.

"So... you haven't even gone on a date and you're already taken." I said wiggling my eyebrows.

Katherine turned her head to Arthur, raising her eyebrows.

"I think we all need you to enlighten us."

Arthur didn't loosen his grip on her waist, and smiled at all of us, before turning to Katherine.

"Katherine, will you be my girlfriend? Or would you rather go and tell Ian that you're single?"

Katherine rolled her eyes, a smile slowly forming.

"So you want a date... as my boyfriend?" She asked, and Arthur nodded. "Bloody hell, I thought you'd never ask... darling."

Marlee, Clara and I gasped. While Peter and Charles cheered.

Arthur smiled, leaning down for a kiss, but Katherine put a finger on his lips, and with a bewildered look said: "Sorry, you get a kiss after the first date."

I laughed at how cute this is.

Arthur pouted, and Peter chuckled.

"Ok as much as I love this, we gotta go." Peter said pointing to the cars.

I went with Clara, since I left my car at my house. Everyone else got into there own cars, and we made our way to Old Town Alexandria, Virginia.

___________________________________

As we arrived at Old Town Virginia, all the people that where walking on the sidewalks looked at us as we passed in our cars. I turned to Clara.

"Well, the idea of arriving below the radar has been thrown out the window." I said pointing out the window.

Clara glanced out her window before her gaze landed on the road again. An amused grin on her face. "Oh definitely thrown out the window."

We drove down the familiar street where Elvia Ashton's house was. But as we arrived where the house had been the last time we came,we saw nothing. Instead there was a little park for kids in its place.

We parked our cars and got out, confusion written all over our faces.

"Are you sure this was the street from last time?" Clara asked Peter.

"Positive. I even saved it on my GPS."

"Yeah well maybe you wrote it down wrong." Marlee spoke with her arms crossed. Peter looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "No way."

"Well we could go to that store where we asked last time." Arthur said with a shrug.

"Do you remember what person we asked?" I asked raking my brain, trying to remember.

"Oh I remember! It was that man with the black hair I think his name was...Jeffrey." Katherine exclaimed.

"Oh my God yeah! That guy gave me some weird vibes." Clara confirmed.

So we got back in our cars and made our way to the store, and once we arrived we hurried inside.

"Hi welcome to The Antique Guild, my name is Cornelia, how can I help you?" A red haired woman asked us as we entered with a smile.

"Hi! We're looking for one of your employees? His name is Jeffery." I said as we walked over to Cornelia who was behind a counter.

Her bright smile faltered. "I'm sorry but no one named Jeffery works here. It's just me and my daughter Hazel." She pointed to another woman who was arranging some jewelry.

"Well, this man, he was here with his name tag, sorting the jewelry. We asked him directions to a house... which he kindly gave us. Could you maybe tell us the directions again?" Arthur asked stepping forward.

Cornelia nodded. "Sure, who are you visiting?"

"We're visiting Elvia Ashton." Charles said.

"Who?" Cornelia murmured, but still loud enough for us to hear. Her eyes had gone wide.

"Elvia Ashton." Charles repeated, but this time a hint of uncertainty could be heard.

"How do you know her?" We turned around meeting the piercing gaze of Hazel. She walked towards us, but stopped before reaching us entirely. I spoke up.

"We're friends of hers. We saw her a few days ago, but we wanted to ask her something... so we came back." I gave her a small smile."But when we went to her house today, it wasn't there where it had been a few days ago. There's a kids park in its place."

Hazel remained expressionless for a few seconds, until her gaze finally softened and she spoke in a calmer tone. "I know who you're talking about. She was my moms best friend."

I turned to her mother Cornelia, who had a sad look in her eyes as she looked up at us.

"I'm sorry... was?" I looked at Cornelia and Hazel, to say I was confused was an understatement.

"Elvia Ashton was and forever will be my best friend. But she passed away... 20 years ago." Cornelia said with a sigh.