Chapter 32

Anakin POV:

Our day on Naboo has been nothing short of amazing so far. Ever since we left, (y/n) seemed to be acting like her normal, cheerful self today, so I assumed that I was just being paranoid when I heard her talking in her sleep last night. If she says that nothing is wrong, then I trust her.

The very first thing we did was go into town. She practically dragged me over to the market to buy a couple gallons of Karlini tea, which we had to take back to the ship because of how heavy it all was.

"What are you going to do with that much tea?" I asked amusedly as we entered a different part of the town. "I'm going to drink it. Duh." She playfully elbowed me in the stomach. "We'll have so much fun making this back at the Temple tonight."

I swear, she never gets tired of drinking tea. She could probably live off of only having tea for the rest of her life, and I wouldn't even be surprised if it worked.

I elbowed her this time, "I'm sure that's not the only fun we'll have tonight."

After a day like today, I know that she'll be all over me once we get back home. For the first time in a while, everything was normal again. I want to make the best of every single moment and not worry about our lives as Jedi.

Catching onto what I meant, gave me a teasing smile and suddenly smacked my behind, "Only if you're lucky."

I moved to stand in front of her, "I'm Anakin Skywalker," I smiled arrogantly and subtly wrapped my arm around her waist, "I'm always lucky."

I leaned in to kiss her but she grabbed my arm that was wrapped around her and spun out of my grip, pushing my arm into my chest. I blinked in surprise at her action while she scoffed amusedly, and began walking again, "Save that charisma for later. We're not done here yet." She tilted her head in another direction, a stretch of land outside of the town that consisted of a large meadow and a glittering lake layered with waterfalls that was surrounded by it.

My eyes went wide as I walked quickly to match her pace. I completely forgot about this part of Naboo. The meadows were a popular place for people to hang out, have picnics, or even just to explore nature. This was an absolutely perfect way to spend our day here, and we could probably go to the jewelry shop after this. There's a specific piece I want to get for her, because it compliments her love for space and astronomy. I know I'm a sap but I'm also confident that she'll love it.

She ran far ahead of me into the tall, lush green grass and instantly flopped down into it on her stomach. I laughed and ran over to try to find her. Since the grass was so tall, I couldn't see her body from a longer distance.

I looked around once I was practically engulfed in the soft grass. For a second none of this seemed real, the water and the grass were so bright and colorful compared to the more dull colors we see on Coruscant. I breathed out a breath I was holding in, and probably looked like a clueless idiot from the way I was just spinning around and admiring the view.

As I kept walking further towards the lake, my foot was suddenly hooked by something which caused me to trip forwards. The soft grass broke my fall and I looked beside me to see (y/n) giggling at my stunned reaction. I began laughing too, and then the look in her eyes changed. Not in a bad way, but as if she was just admiring me with all of her heart, like I would disappear at any moment. It made my heart flip multiple times, especially when she reached her arm over and cupped my cheek, "I love you, you know that?" She asked softly.

I grabbed her hand and kissed it, "Of course, just as I love you." And for a while we just stayed there in the grass laughing, kissing, holding each other, and just talking about anything and everything.