Chapter 3

(y/n) POV:

I hastily made my way over to the ship that Anakin and I would be taking on our mission, since I was already late. This morning when I got dressed, I took extra time getting ready and making sure I brought whatever necessities I might need. First I put on the outfit I typically wear on missions, and packed my robe in a backpack in case we needed to be undercover.

Then I put my long (h/c) hair into a braid that went down to my lower back, and I put on some mascara to make my (e/c) eyes stand out. After looking over myself one last time in the mirror, I nodded in approval.

I took a few deep breaths, "Okay (y/n), get ahold of yourself. It's just another mission."

I felt extra fidgety now that I was about to see Anakin again. I still hadn't talked to him yet. At all. But today was the perfect opportunity to do that, so I needed to not to chicken out.

I finally forced myself walked out of the temple and saw Anakin waiting for me while talking to Obi-Wan. They both turned their heads when they felt my presence, and I made eye contact with Anakin which only lasted a second because I looked away right after. Obi-Wan was thankfully the first to greet me and break the silence.

"Well, look who decided to join us." He said with a glint of humor in his eyes. I smiled as I continued walking over to them, "Hey, it's not my fault that you both are so impatient."

Obi-Wan chuckled and shook his head at my response, and then turned to look at me and Anakin with a serious expression. "You both will need to take precautions for this mission before infiltrating Coronet City." He looked in the distance and stroked his beard in thought, "We still don't know what the Separatists want in Corellia, or if they are deliberately attempting to lure the Jedi into some sort of ambush."

Anakin and I both nodded, "We will do our best to be safe." I reassured Obi-Wan.

Anakin smirked and crossed his arms, "We'll be fine, Obi-Wan. And the people of Corellia couldn't be in safer hands with us there."

Obi-Wan nodded with an amused expression, and gave us a small wave, "Good luck. And may the force be with you, my friends." Anakin and I said our goodbyes and then boarded the ship. As soon as the ramp closed and we were alone, I could sense the tension radiating from both of us.

Now is my chance to try and clear the air.

Anakin moved to the pilot seat and began to start up the ship. I watched him for a few seconds from the other side of the cockpit, before finally starting the long awaited conversation.

"Anakin?" I asked nervously.

"Yes?" He asked, still with his back to me and fiddling with the ships controls.

"Can we talk about what happened the other night?"

I saw him stiffen and stop what he was doing. I inhaled and held my breath as I waited for his response. He slowly turned around and looked straight into my eyes. I exhaled and watched him carefully, his expression turning into one of confusion.

"What are you talking about?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, also in confusion. Is he being serious? I crossed my arms and took a few steps forward.

"Remember the night I got drunk and you brought me to my room? And I became very emotional?" I pried further, even though I knew there was no way he could've forgotten.

He shrugged and shook his head, "No, since you were drunk you probably just imagined that." He said in a dry tone. Before I could say more, he quickly walked away to the back of the ship, probably to check if the landing gear was in good condition.