Chapter 31

(y/n) POV:

It was strange.

This isn't how I expected today to go. Everything up until this moment was so perfect, too perfect.

I mean, at this point, I shouldn't even be surprised. For a while I thought—no, hoped that my luck couldn't get worse, but I guess I was wrong.

At first I didn't even notice the building crumble around me, I didn't notice bits and pieces flying in every direction, and I didn't notice all the people screaming and running to find safety. My mind was still in a weird trance that I couldn't explain in words and my ears rang as if a loud gong had been hit inside of them.

The object in my hand looked as if it was on fire, or maybe that's just how it felt? For a moment I wasn't sure of anything anymore, nothing seemed real except for the hot flashes in my vision, and the feeling that made it seem like all of my organs had turned into firecrackers, and exploded simultaneously.

I felt nauseous, too. I wanted to vomit out all of my insides, and it felt like it was about to happen, but nothing came.

It wasn't until I noticed an absence from beside me, that I snapped out of my trance, and gazed around the damaged perimeter. My heart stopped as my eyes landed on a figure, laying utterly unconscious in a corner.

8 hours earlier

I now knew what I had to do if I found the talisman bracelet. As Obi-Wan explained, it's a very vivid silver color with a sparkling crescent moon, and it should be obvious if I find it because of its pull towards force users.

But he also told me that no one can simply obtain the powers from it; they actually have to talk to it. I was confused at first when he told me that, but he explained that when the time comes for me to use it, I have to awaken the talisman by—in simple terms—asking for its powers. There's a specific phrase I have to say, but it's in an ancient language so Obi-Wan wrote it down for me on a small piece of paper that I shoved into the pocket of my robe. He really did his research on this, and I wondered if the other members of the Council knew about all of it. But then again, even if they did, they probably wouldn't suggest it because of how easily it could lure someone to the dark side.

Out of all the crazy things I've had to do as a Jedi, this is at least in the top five.

I sighed absentmindedly, feeling stressed again as this new weight was placed on my shoulders. I kept telling myself that it was worth it, though. I'm still not sure what we'll actually do if we find the Sith, but just finding them is still a big step in the right direction.

"You okay?" Anakin asked, in the same soft voice from when we woke up this morning.

We were inside of our ship, and I went to the back lounge room so I could set my robe and backpack down. I thought I was alone and didn't hear Anakin come in, so his voice startled me.

I chuckled nervously and went over to wrap my arms around his neck, "I'm good, just tired." I mumbled against the crook of his neck, and I could feel him shiver from my breath against his skin.

That was true, I felt restless last night and it took me forever to fall asleep. I could feel myself tossing and turning constantly as well. Hopefully I didn't talk in my sleep too much.

"What if I did that thing you like, would that make you less tired?" He smiled mischievously as I pulled away from him.

A smile rising to my lips at his suggestion, I shook my head and turned around so I could set my bag down next to the game table, "Not while we're still here, Anakin." I protested, because of the fact that we were still at the Temple. But my protest was contradicted by a giggle that followed it.