Chapter 27

(a/n): So these next couple chapters are going to be revolved around Obi-Wan and won't really be significant to the main plot. I just wanted to give him an interesting sort of side-plot and I think it'll be fun :)))

(y/n) POV:

"Wait, so you're serious about finding someone for Obi-Wan?" I asked Anakin who was sprawled out on his bed, laying on his back, while I was putting my hair in two french braids.

He told me about Obi-Wan's own experience in the love department, which surprised me since he typically tries to be a rule follower. Though to be fair, he does often stray from protocol, especially on missions.

Then Anakin said that he wanted to set Obi-Wan up with someone, and at first I thought he was joking, but now I'm pretty sure he's being serious.

I saw him nod at me from the mirror I was looking into to see my braids, "Dead
serious. Obi-Wan needs to lighten up and really learn how to have fun again. Besides," He hopped off of the bed and sauntered over to me so he could grab my hips from behind, and pull my body against his front, "I think we need a distraction from everything else going on in our lives, so what do you say?"

I almost laughed, not because I don't want to do this, but because I never took Anakin for the type of person to be a wingman. He was right though, this would be a healthy and fun distraction from all the worrying we've been doing lately. It seems like every time we solve a problem, another one pops up out of nowhere.

And if we do this, it'll also distract me from feeling sorry for myself which is all I've been doing lately.

I nodded and spun around to face him, "I'm not sure how this is gonna work, but I think it'll be fun." I smiled up at him and intertwined our fingers.

He playfully scoffed, "Trust me, this is going to be a piece of cake." He said it as if I had no reason to be doubtful.

I rolled my eyes at Anakin's signature cockiness and released our fingers, "Alright Casanova, what's your genius plan?" I teased him.

A sly smile formed on his lips as he crossed his arms confidently, causing me to raise an eyebrow as I silently urged him to say what he was thinking. "Well.....This will make more sense after I explain it but, let's just say that in a few days, we're going to have Obi-Wan be the bachelor of Coruscant."

Obi-Wan POV: (Finally🥰)

I laid back in the co-pilot seat of our speeder, relaxing since Anakin was the one doing the flying. I was quite irritated, though, because (y/n) and Anakin practically dragged me onto this ship without logical reason. All I presumably know is what I heard from (y/n) which is: "There's a serious problem at the Senate building."

And that was it. No context, no plan, and I don't believe they went over this with the Council either.

I reluctantly agreed to join them because of how urgent this sounded, but since they're not revealing what the problem is, I'm left here to worry until we get there.

I sighed and sat up in my seat, turning fully  towards Anakin, "Do you mind telling me what your plan is so that we don't blindly waltz into an ambush?" I asked, making the annoyance in my voice abundantly clear.

Though he was trying to hide it, I could faintly see him wanting to smile for whatever reason, "Trust me, Obi-Wan. There won't be any ambushes. And our plan is just for you to follow our lead. Right (y/n)?" He turned his head to look behind to where (y/n) was standing.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked over at (y/n), who was also doing a terrible job at concealing an obvious smile, "Yep. Just trust us."