Twenty-Three | Someone Believes in Him

Five months since the war, Shoto had finally gotten used to his new role. He had a lot of mistakes to make it to where he is now, luckily Inasa was patient when it came to those mistakes. He would always say to Shoto to try again, he did and that was how he learned.

It was another normal day for Shoto and Inasa, Shoto brought breakfast to Inasa's office where the prince worked. He was preparing to take the throne, his father said that in four months he'll be giving Inasa the throne. Inasa was worried but was doing everything he can to prepare for the throne.

Shoto placed the plate of food on the prince's desk and he turned around, he didn't want to stay and disturb the prince. But he was stopped by Inasa's voice, "Wait," Shoto stopped and turned to the prince. "I need you for a moment."

Shoto walked to Inasa's desk, the larger male pulled him around the desk. Shoto just followed since Inasa tends to drag him along often, "Take a look at this, does this look like a normal scroll to you?" Inasa asked as he pointed to a rolled-up scroll in front of him.

Shoto was confused but looked at it closer, it looked like a normal scroll to him. "I don't see anything different from a regular scroll," Shoto said as he looked at the prince.

"That's because it is a regular scroll," Inasa said as Shoto rolled his eyes. These small jokes that Inasa plays on Shoto happen every day even twice a day if Inasa was in a good mood. He does this because he knows it bothers Shoto and makes him mad, yet Shoto falls for it every time.

"Would you quit playing those jokes on me, they're getting very annoying," Shoto said as he glared at the prince.

"But you keep falling for them so how could I stop?" Inasa responded and Shoto rolled his eyes again. Shoto started to go around Inasa's desk but the prince reached out and grabbed Shoto's arm, he pulled him back.

"What are you doing?" Shoto asked as he looked at the hand on his arm.

"I'm just a bit bored," Inasa said as he stared at all the papers on his desk.

"Filling out those papers will fill your boredom," Shoto said as he picked up a pile and placed it in front of the prince.

"You don't get any hints, do you?" Inasa groaned as he rubbed his forehead.

"What hints?" Shoto asked and Inasa's hand that was still on Shoto's arm pulled the dual-haired boy closer.

"This has been what I meant," Inasa pulled Shoto onto his lap and before he could leave the prince wrapped his arms around Shoto's waist.

"W-what are you doing?" Shoto asked as he tried to get out of Inasa's lap.

"Filling my boredom," Inasa said as Shoto turned a bit to get a good look at Inasa.

"But why me? Can't you go do something to fill your boredom," Shoto said as he tried to peel Inasa's arms from his waist and failed.

"You're too amusing," Inasa said as Shoto finally gave up.

"Fine... whatever, you have to do your work after though," Shoto said and Inasa nodded as he buried his face in Shoto's hair. Shoto stiffened at Inasa's sudden action, this hadn't happened throughout the months that Shoto had been at the air kingdom.

"Mmm, your hair smells nice Shoto... it's almost as if you are using the female servants' shampoo," Inasa said while ruffling Shoto's hair a bit.

"So what if I do! It treats my hair better than the males," Shoto shouted.

"I didn't say it was a bad thing you know," Inasa said and Shoto just crossed his arms. Inasa's face went to the dual-haired boy's neck, he planted a gentle butterfly kiss on Shoto's neck.

"H-hey! W-what are y-you doing," Shoto panicked as he placed a hand over the area Inasa kissed on Shoto's neck.

"You're so oblivious Sho," Inasa said as he turned Shoto around on his lap.

"What do you mean? I knew you kissed my neck to fool with me, right?" Shoto said as he back away a bit only to have his back hit Inasa's desk.

"Sho, Sho, Sho. You don't catch on easily," Inasa said. "We've never met until now but I've known about you for more than a few years now, my father told me about you. He went to the war kingdom for a trade with king Enji and during that time he met you, when he came home he told me about the kingdom and you. He also showed me a portrait of your family, a recent one... the one without queen Rei and prince Toya. You had me in a trance, I know it was just a portrait but it showed everything about you perfectly."

Shoto took a moment to understand everything that Inasa was telling him, everything started to add up. "Wait... are you saying that you-" Shoto started to say before he got interrupted.

"Are in love with you, yes I am saying that," Inasa said as Shoto stared at him bewildered.

"But... you never met me! How could say you love me when you never met me?" Shoto asked while he continued to stare at the taller boy.

"I couldn't say that until now, I got involved with king Bakugou's side of the war because I knew what you were doing was wrong but also because I could arrest you and meet you. Then the trial went perfectly! You became my servant and I got to know you better to determine if I love you or not, now I know that I do," Inasa confidently told Shoto.

"Huh? But-" Shoto got interrupted by Inasa again.

"Shoto Todoroki, I am in love with you," Inasa said as he pulled Shoto closer.

"Woah! H-hold on t-too fast, too fast. You do realize that my first love left me and ran away from me for months, now he's in love with another prince... I mean king. Then my wife who I cared about... didn't quite love the same way she loved me, just died in a war five or so months ago. Now you're here telling me you love me? It's too much and too fast," Shoto said as he covered his face.

Inasa's face softened as he looked at the dual-haired boy, he pulled him into a hug. "Take as much time as you need, you've been through a lot," Inasa said as he gently combed through Shoto's hair.

Shoto looked up at Inasa, "Why me though? ...Haven't I been a huge- no that's an understatement. I've been an absolute selfish prick and a huge asshole to everyone, so why someone like me? I hurt Izuku, I selfishly went after him when he was just trying to save himself from me. I rarely paid any attention to Momo and now she's gone... I can't apologize to her and... Jiro. I never trusted Jiro because of one mistake and now she's out in the world by herself. Then the war... I sacrificed so many people for my selfish desire of taking Izuku from king Bakugou. Now there is you, who knows what harmful or selfish thing I can do to you," Shoto said as he avoided eye contact with the prince while he cried.

"Sho, that's exactly why I brought you here to this kingdom and why I wanted you to become a servant. I wanted you to have a different perspective on life and I wanted you to reflect on everything you've done, which I can tell you have done. You are not perfect Shoto and that's exactly why I love you," Inasa said as he wiped stray tears from Shoto's face.

"Why? ...Just why me? You can do so much better," Shoto said as Inasa shook his head no.

"Your imperfections are what make you, you and I'll accept them no matter what. You just need to accept them too and get over them, then you can make up for them. Right?" Inasa asked and Shoto nodded. "Good, I'll always be here. Come to me for anything, rely on me too. But don't ever forget that I love you and that I'll want an answer."

A small and sincere smile appeared on Shoto's face as he nodded, "Thank you, Inasa," Shoto said as the prince let him go and the dual-haired boy got off Inasa.

"No problem, now go do your work," Inasa said as Shoto bowed and left the room with a half-smile on his face.

Thought I would write something good for Todoroki, I have too many stories with him not being a really great character. So I wanna make up for that and have him get a decent ending in this story, I'm also doing this because I don't want people to think I don't like Todoroki. I do like Todoroki but it's just so easy to write him as a bad character in BakuDeku stories. That's all from me, Virgo 100% out✌🏻

Word count: 1525