Eighteen | The Trial

"Tenya Iida, king Shoto's previous assistant will now explain what he witnessed during his time as the king's assistant," the judge said as Iida was guided to the witness chair.

Iida sat down and looked at Kirishima, the redhead nodded and Iida started explaining. He didn't miss any detail, the only thing he left out was Shigaraki's name. Shoto found that strange, it didn't take him long to realize that he escaped with Shigaraki's help.

Once Iida was done speaking the judge took a minute to process everything Iida said, he was shocked to hear that Toya Todoroki was alive but was behind his father's death. He sighed and told Iida to go back to his spot, the next witness was called on, it was Shindo.

"Now Shindo you claim that you have information given to you, am I correct?" the judge asked once Shindo sat in the witness seat.

"Yes, that's correct," he said as he glanced at king Shoto.

"Where did you get this information?" the judge questioned further.

"King Shoto's very last assistant Toru Hagakure," Shoto's eyes widened upon hearing the female's name.

"And where is she?" the judge asked.

"In the Todoroki castle dungeon, sir," Shindo replied.

"I take that has to do with her information then," the judge deducted.

"Yes, sir."

"Please proceed with her information then."

"When she was appointed as king Shoto's new assistant after Iida left, she heard many conversations between king Shoto and princess Momo. The very first conversation she heard was king Shoto claiming to blame the dragon kingdom for killing king Enji, it was for ensuring a war can happen between the two kingdoms without the citizens being confused."

"Hmm, and I take it that she's in the dungeon because it was found out that she snitched to you?"

"Yes, although they didn't know it was me."

"Thank you for your input Shindo, you may go sit back down."

The courtroom went quiet as the judge took some time to put together his thoughts, no one could blame him. It's a lot to take in, the judge then called up Kirishima. Kirishima first told the judge that his story has not much to do with king Enji's death but Shoto's motives for the war and for killing king Enji.

Kirishima told the judge about everything to do with Izuku and Shoto's past relationship (at least all he knows of it), and that Izuku was Izumi making him the one Shoto was chasing. He tells them that Shoto's whole war was to get Izuku back from Bakugou, the redhead did get sidetracked a couple of times but he told the judge mostly everything.

Kirishima then went back to his seat, the judge then started talking with the jury and discussed everything they heard from all three witnesses. The judge then looked at Inasa, "Prince Inasa you said you have a punishment for king Shoto if proven guilty correct?" the judge asked.

Inasa stood up, "Correct sir."

"Explain it to us please."

"Well, he'll pretty much be my servant for the rest of his life. Not an assistant, although he'll have those roles, he'll have more to do. He'll have to clean everything of mine, my clothes, room, and office. For a king who's been spoiled all his life, this is a great punishment and I'm a pretty harsh critic too."

The judge and the jury start discussing again, they then came to a conclusion. "I hereby announce king Shoto guilty on all counts and will serve as prince Inasa's servant for life. He'll be abdicated from the throne and have his black magic taken away," the judge announced as his hammer slammed down in front of him.