One | A Smile Can Be Prettier Then Stars

The moon shone brightly in the cloudless night sky, two individuals laid on the grass watching the twinkling stars. One with curly green hair and shiny emerald green eyes, he had freckles in a diamond shape on his cheeks. The other had spiky blonde hair and ruby red eyes, he had a natural aggressive look on his face.

These two individuals are well known by the kingdom they live in, the dragon kingdom. The blonde is the prince of the kingdom, Katsuki Bakugou. The other is the prince's lover, Izuku Midoriya. 

"Why must the stars be miles away from us, Kacchan?" Izuku asked the blonde whose hand he is holding.

"So that we can enjoy them from afar, if they were too close to us we would get bored of seeing them all the time," Katsuki responded to the best of his ability.

"I would never get bored of seeing them," Izuku said with a soft smile.

"And I could never get bored of seeing that smile," Katsuki said while he looked at the greenette with a soft and gentle look. Izuku looked back at Katsuki, he gave the blonde a small and sweet kiss on the lips. Katsuki smiled a bit but then a thought came to mind, "Hey, do you remember that night we spent by that river?"

"On Kiri's back? Yeah, I remember it," the greenette replied and waited for the blonde to carry on.

"You never told me the truth about whether you've seen the stars or not while you were at the Todoroki kingdom," Katsuki told him and noticed that Izuku was looking back at the dark yet shiny sky.

"I never saw them, I was always too scared to stay awake at night and risk Shoto coming in my room while I'm awake. I had that happen once... I hated it so much. So, I never took the risk to look out my window to look at the stars," Izuku told Katsuki the truth and Katsuki immediately felt bad.

"Well, now you can look at the stars whenever you want," Katsuki said as he squeezed Izuku's hand a bit.

"Yes and it's thanks to you, Kacchan," Izuku happily stated. Katsuki smiled and pulled Izuku closer to him, "Are you nervous for tomorrow?" Izuku suddenly asked as he looked at the blonde.

"Yeah, I didn't realize how quickly time can pass," Katsuki said while Izuku took his other hand and gently combed through Katsuki's spiky blonde hair. "I'm going to be crowned king tomorrow... it's a large responsibility that I'm not sure I'm ready for."

"Kacchan, you showed that you can take initiative when you saved all those dragons a few years ago. You proved that you are loyal to your kingdom by rebuilding it, you also showed that you can enforce proper rules and keep an economy running. You did all of this from scratch without proper help from other kingdoms, you are more than ready to be a king," Izuku told Katsuki, the blonde still felt a bit insecure but Izuku's words helped get rid of majority of his insecurity.

"Thanks, Izu, you always say the right things," Katsuki said as he ruffled the greenette's hair.

"He always does, doesn't he?" a new voice entered their conversation. Izuku and Katsuki looked beside them to find a certain redhead laying beside them, Eijirou Kirishima.

"What are you doing here, shitty hair!" Katsuki shouted at the redhead.

"I'm here to say that it's getting late and you both should head back into the castle," Kirishima told them.

"You're right Kiri, come on Kacchan let's head back. You do have a long day tomorrow," Izuku pointed out to the blonde.

"Right," Katsuki said as the greenette stood up along with the redhead. Before Katsuki could get up a hand reached out to assist him in standing up, it was Kirishima's. Katsuki took his hand and was pulled up to his feet, Izuku grabbed the blonde's hand once he stood up.

They made their way back to the castle, Kirishima happily walked in front as the couple walked behind him. Once at the castle they went their separate ways, Kirishima went back to his room and Izuku and Katsuki walked to their shared room. Once in their room they got changed and crawled into bed, Izuku quickly cuddled up to Katsuki. They then both fell into a deep slumber.

*

The day came along with the nerves and anxiety, Katsuki was pacing back and forth in his and Izuku's shared room. Izuku wasn't there since he was assisting others in getting everything up and running. There was so much happening in Katsuki's head, he wasn't sure if he should be crowned king, would he be a good king? Could he protect his kingdom when needed? It all scared him.

But when a gentle knock appeared on the door Katsuki's thoughts ceased, he opened the door to find the greenette smiling up at him. "I know you're nervous Kacchan, it's why I'm here now," Izuku said as Katsuki quickly hugged him, Izuku chuckled at Katsuki's sudden affection.

"Thank you Izu, you always appear at the right times," Katsuki said as he held the greenette closer.

"Well, I have to make sure the soon-to-be king quits doubting himself," Izuku said and Katsuki lets go of Izuku and looks away. Izuku then places his hands on Katsuki's cheeks  to make the blonde look at him, "Kacchan, you'll do great and I'm here too. So is Kirishima, we're all here for you and to help you."

"Right, I know. I just really don't want to do the wrong thing," Katsuki said as Izuku grabbed Katsuki's hand and began to take him out of the room.

"Everyone is scared of doing the wrong thing but you can't live by that fear. If you take the chance and end up wrong it's alright because we all make mistakes. It's a natural human thing, you just have to get over it. Plus, you have me beside you," Izuku said as he guided Katsuki to where the coronation was taking place.

"Why do you speak like a teacher giving a student a life lecture," Katsuki asked and Izuku laughed a bit.

"Because right now you seem like a student who needs a life lecture," Izuku told Katsuki, Katsuki gently shoved Izuku making the greenette laugh again. "Now get in there and become a king, no more doubting yourself. Got it?"

"Yes mom," Katsuki said as he rolled his eyes. Before he walked into the room he kissed Izuku then pulled away, Izuku smiled and went to a different door to go sit in the audience. Katsuki took a deep breath before he opened the door, the audience stood up as Katsuki walked in and to the front of the room.

The coronation then started.

Hello everyone! I'm so excited for this book, I have so many ideas for this. Some that you guys will love and some that you guys will hate. But I'm so happy that you guys liked I Met Him In The Wastelands so much, I just hope I can make this story a good sequel to that story. Anyway, thank you for reading the first part of War! Lots of love, Virgo 100% out✌🏻

Word count: 1216