Part 16: Pregnant?

Zoey narrates.

Today is Jillian and Luca's wedding day. They wanted to have something small and intimate, so Aaron and I offered our apartment for the day, since it's so big.

I'm helping Ana give orders to the decorators and caterers in the house, when Aaron comes up behind me, placing his hands on my waist and spinning me around so that I'm facing him.

'Hey, what's up?' I ask.

'Nothing. Everything looks great.' He says, as I smile and kiss him.

'Thank you. I'm glad that we can do this for Luca and Jillian.' I say, and Aaron nods.

'I think you should get ready now.' He says, looking at his watch.

'There's only an hour left until everyone arrives, and you need at least 2 hours to get ready.' He says, laughing, as I look at him annoyed.

He stops laughing, and mouths sorry, as I playfully push him away from me, and go to get ready.

'Ana, keep an eye on everything for me?' I shout, as I head upstairs and Aaron follows me.

'Why are you following me?' I ask, laughing.

'I need to get ready too.' He replies.

I open the wardrobe and get out Aaron's tux.

'Here. I picked this out for you, I tailored it slightly and had it dry cleaned. I think it'll look great. And it matches my dress.' I say, going over and handing it to him.

He takes it from me, and as I turn around to leave, he takes my hand to stop me.

'What?' I ask.

'Thank you. And not just for the tux, but...everything.' He says, softly.

'Where's all this coming from?' I ask, concerned.

'Is something wrong? Are you dying?' I ask, holding him by the shoulders.

'What? Zoey, no! I'm fine.' He replies, surprised.

'Oh.' I say.

'I just feel like lately I haven't told you how that I appreciate you enough.' He says, putting the suit on the bed, and holding my face with both hands.

I smile.

'You don't need to tell me. I know. I love you, Aaron.' I say, leaning up on my tip toes, and kissing him.

'I love you, Zoey.'

Things are just perfect right now.

_____

As our close friends and family filter in to the apartment for the wedding, I go over to check on Jillian.

'Hey. How are you feeling?' I ask, smoothing down her veil.

'I'm nervous!' She says, as I laugh lightly.

'Don't be! It's going to be great.' I say.

Aaron and I assemble at the front of our makeshift aisle, with all of our other friends.

I see Luca shuffling, nervously, waiting for the ceremony to begin.

'Dude, you'll be fine!' I say, and he nods, appreciatively.

The guests rise, as Jillian starts to walk down the aisle with her father. She looks stunning.

Aaron's standing next to me, and he entwines his hand with mine.

'I remember when it was you walking down the aisle. It was the best day of my life.' He whispers, as I look up at him, feeling so loved.

'Do you remember how much chaos we went through?' I say quietly, as he smiles.

'It was all worth it in the end.' He says, as I smile back at him, and he quickly kisses the side of my forehead.

Their wedding ceremony continues, as they exchange vows and rings, before finally saying 'I do'.

Jillian and Luca kiss, and then leave down the aisle together, after what was the most perfect little wedding for a perfect couple.

'Another wedding down.' Jazz says, as the ceremony ends, as she raises her eyebrows at Doug, and we all erupt into laughter.
_____

Later, everyone is seated, having food and chatting away.

'Zoey, you should try this. You'll like it, it's really good.' Aaron says, handing me a plate, as I take it.

As we're eating, I suddenly start to feel really unwell.

'I don't feel too good.' I say, as Aaron hears and looks at me, concerned.

'Zo, you look really tired.' Nomi says, from across the table, as I put my hand on my mouth, before running to the bathroom, Aaron following behind.

Luckily, I get there in time, as I throw up, violently.

Aaron holds my hair and rubs my back, as I lean over the toilet.

I finally regain normality, as I get up and he takes a towel, wiping my mouth for me and helping me back into the bedroom.

He sits me on the edge of the bed, and grabs me a glass of water.

'Here, drink this.' He says, helping me.

'I feel horrible.' I say.

'Come, you should lie down. Try and sleep it off.' He says, helping me into bed.

He sits beside me, stroking my head.

'Maybe it was something I ate.' I say, holding the blanket close to me.

'Yeah...or...maybe you're pregnant?' He asks, cautiously.

I look at him shocked.

'No, I just mean...we haven't been being that careful. You also stopped taking your birth control.' He says, as I think for a few seconds.

'No...No i'm definitely not. I would know...and also I'm not even ovulating right now.' I say, brushing it off.

'Yeah, it's probably just something you ate.' He says, deciding not to press further.

He leans down and kisses my forehead, before continuing to stroke my head, until I fall asleep.

_____