Part 15: Anniversary

Zoey narrates.

I wake up this morning, as the sun beams through the curtains. I turn around to face the other side of the bed, and see Aaron, asleep, peacefully. I run my thumb across the side of his face, gently.

He starts to wake up, and smiles when he sees me.

We stare into each other's eyes for a moment, as I breathe heavily, wondering how on earth this is my husband. Aaron finally speaks.

'Happy 1 year, Zoey.'

_____

It's mine and Aaron's 1 year wedding anniversary today. Aaron had to go to work today, so we were looking forward to spending the night together, and I was excited to see what he had planned.

This morning, i'm sitting with the girls in our local coffee shop.

'Happy anniversary, Zoey! I can't believe it's been a year.' Ana says.

'I know, right? It feels like just yesterday.' Nomi adds.

I smile.

'So what did you get Aaron, as a gift?' Jazz asks.

'Well...I bought him a new watch...but I kind of need your help guys. I don't know what else to do for him. I want to do something special. He's always better at these things than me.' I say, sighing.

'True.' Sky replies, and I laugh.

'You could plan a special date night?' Jillian suggests.

'I think Aaron already has. He told me to be ready home by 8, and after he left for work this morning, a package arrived with a gorgeous dress, which I assume is for tonight.' I say.

'How do you know it's for tonight?' Jazz asks.

I show them a picture on my phone, of a very short, revealing, mini dress.

'Ohhh, okay.' Jazz says, raising her eyebrows.

'Make sure you don't wear anything underneath, Zo.' Nomi jokes, and I blush.

As the girls continue chatting, in the corner of my eye, I notice the tattoo studio on the opposite side of the street opening up for the day.

'Wait! I know what I should get him!' I say, excitedly.

_____

I arrive back at our apartment that evening, having changed at Ana's place. As I enter, the lights are off, so I turn them on, taking off my coat.

I am stunned, when I see the whole downstairs filled with red roses, and balloons floating from the ceiling.

I see Aaron emerge from the kitchen.

'Aaron...' I say, my eyes watering.

He comes over to me and kisses my lips twice.

'What do you think?' He asks.

'This is amazing. I can't believe you did all this.' I say, hugging him.

'Only the best for you, Zoey.' He says, gesturing me to come over to a candle lit dinner he has ordered.

He pulls out my chair as I take a seat and eye up the table.

'Wow...Is this from that five star restaurant downtown?' I ask, and he nods.

'You're the best.' I say, as he gestures me to start eating.

We spend the rest of the meal talking away and reflecting on the last year.

'It's been tough, but we did it. Here's to one year of marriage, baby.' He says, raising a glass to me, as we knock them together.

'You look great, by the way.' He says, staring at my chest, as I laugh.

'Thank you. For everything.' I say, as we go over to the couch and Aaron lights the candles around it.

I sit in his lap, as he grips my waist from the back, holding my neck with his other hand and kissing me passionately.

He moves his kisses down my neck, going toward my exposed chest. I moan, as his touch turns me on.

'I have another surprise for you.' He says, smiling.

I assume he's talking about the rest of our night, so I eagerly change position and bring both of my legs on either side of him, straddling his lap, kissing him deeply.

I start to unbutton his shirt, pulling it off, and momentarily pulling away from the kiss, when I'm stricken with shock. I see my name, 'Zoey', tattooed across Aaron's chest, boldly in a large font.

I immediately start to cry.

'Hey? Hey, Zoey? What's wrong? I'm sorry. Do you not like it?' He asks, taking his hands and cupping my face, softly.

I take my hands and stroke the tattoo on his chest.

'No. I love it.' I say, and his face relaxes.

'Why are you crying then?' He asks, confused.

'I did the exact same thing.' I say, as his eyes widen, surprised.

'You did?' He asks, as I get off his lap, and slip my dress off, revealing my red lingerie underneath.

I turn around so that my back is to his face. I had Aaron's name tattooed on my back, just above my ass.

He takes his hand and strokes my ass, where the tattoo is, before kissing it a few times. I go back to my original position on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck.

'You didn't have to do this, Zoey.' He says, smiling, his fingers still stroking the tattoo behind.

'I wanted to. I wanted to mark my body as yours. Forever. I'm only yours, Aaron. I love you.' I say, as he kisses me.

He pulls away, and we lock eyes.

'Happy Anniversary, Zoey. I love you too.' He says, holding my face.

'Happy Anniversary, Aaron.'

_____