Glad We Found You

You were currently running through the woods. You could hear branches breaking behind you, a clear sign that the monster was advancing on you. You've been on the run for a few months now,  your mom was probably the devil herself. One day you finally snapped and ran. For the past few months you've been seeing strange things: people with one eye staring at you, or people with orange shirts fighting something, but when you blinked they were gone. None of the strange things you saw attacked, until now. The thing that was chasing you had the body of a man but the head of a bull. You had to keep leading out of the way to avoid getting trampled. You hear the sound of leaves crunching off to your left, you could only hope it wasn't a pack of wolves. That's when you heard a whistling sound, like something was flying through the air. You turn around just in time to see the monster getting shot with arrows, but when you look back you trip over a fallen branch and land fast first. Before the arrows can kill the monster he picks you up and throws you at a nearby tree. The taste of metallic fills your mouth and your head was pounding. Your vision starts to become blurry, you see the monster fall to the ground, a shit ton of arrows in its back. It starts dissolving into golden ashes. A group of women emerge from the trees, they're all wearing grey camouflage pants and silver coats, they all have a grey circlet on their heads, bows are draped over their shoulders. The one in the middle stands out, instead of a silver coat and grey camouflage pants she was wearing a leather jacket and black jeans along with combat boots. The last thing you hear is her telling you not to pass out, then everything goes dark and you pass out.

Luckily you have no weird dream like you've been having for the past few months. You slowly start to wake up and come to your senses. It looked like you were in a tent, you were currently laying in a sleep bag. The throbbing in your head had stopped, but it still hurt. And there was still the faint taste of blood in your mouth. You don't have time to question what had happened, where you were and why a monster was chasing you because the front of the tent unzips and a girl walks in. She had brought some medical supplies with her: rags, a medical kit, and a bag full of brownies. You had no idea what the brownies were for or why the girl had brought them. You realize that the girl is the one that was telling you not to pass out. She notices that you're awake and smiles.

"Hey, glad you're okay. How are you feeling?"

"Fine I guess. Where am I? And what's with the brownies?"

"Well, we're currently in New York, and the brownies can heal you. It sounds crazy I know, but there's a lot to explain. The monster that was chasing you was a Minotaur"

"But that's from greek mythology"

"Well, so am I, kinda"

She takes a seat next to your sleeping bag and sets the medical supplies down. Now that your vision wasn't blurry and she was closer to you, you could get a better look at her. She looked about a year older than you, fifteen. It looked like she just came out of the 1970's with her punk attire. She had choppy black hair and electric blue eyes. You found her eyes mesmerizing.

"Are you a goddess or something?"

The girl lets out a laugh

"No, definitely not. I guess I should introduce myself. Thalia, daughter of Zeus and the lieutenant of Artemis"

You nod, sure it was hard to believe that gods and goddesses existed, but it would explain the monsters that have been chasing you.

"Well, uh, you seem cool"

You've never been good around girls, especially pretty ones. And Thalia was definitely pretty. Thalia grins.

"Thanks. What's your name?"