Oath Breakers

It was twelve in the morning and you couldn't stop thinking about her. Who was the girl in question? None other then Thalia Grace. You've had a crush on her ever since you met. Hell, you joined the hunters of Artemis because of her. You kept studying the pattern on the ceiling as thoughts of Thalia danced through your mind. Fresh air, that was what you needed. You got up and walked over to the door as quietly as possible, making sure not to wake any of the other hunters, then you quickly duck outside. It was dark out, all of the cabins were pitch black inside and the moonlight was the only thing illuminating the ground. You took a seat on the deck and leaned against the wall of the cabin. It was stupid, you had a crush on someone who would probably never even like you back. Thalia was the first person you came out to, and ever since then you started having stronger feelings towards her. At first you brushed it off as a deep appreciation for her being so accepting, but you soon realized that they were romantic feelings. You're torn away from your thoughts when you hear the cabin door creek open. You look over to see Thalia poke her head out.

"Couldn't sleep?", She asks. She walks out of the doorway and looks down at you. You shake your head.

"Nope. Did you hear me leave?"

"Mhm. But to be fair, I was already awake", She responds before taking a seat next to you. You sit in silence for a while before Thalia breaks it.

"So, why couldn't you sleep?", She asks. You shrug and wrack your brain for a good lie. You couldn't tell her that you were thinking about her, you'd scare her away.

"Oh, you know... girls and stuff", You reply. You were a terrible liar, but at least Thalia didn't know that she was the girl who kept you up all night. Before Thalia can ask any other questions, you speak up. "What were you thinking about?".

"Battle strategies for capture the flag tomorrow. That kind of stuff", She answers. You nod and go back to sitting in silence.

"Hey, wanna, I don't know, sit on top of Half-Blood Hill and stargaze?", Thalia asks. You nod, you did want to go somewhere away from the Artemis cabin.

"Yeah, I'd like that", You reply. Thalia smiles and gets up, as do you. Thalia takes your hand and leads you over to the hill. When you reach the top you find yourself not wanting to let go of her hand. Thalia notices and smiles mischievously. She decides to fall down and pull you down with her, which earns a surprised yelp from you. You land on top of Thalia, which makes her erupt into a fit of giggles.

"Thals!", You tried to sound serious, but you couldn't help the smile that spread across your face. You realize how cute her giggle sounds, you stare down at her and grin. She notices you staring and smiles. She tucks a loose strand of hair behind your ear, no doubt you were blushing now.

"What are you staring at, y/n?", She asks. Your mind wanted to say "you", but you couldn't. What if you scared her away? You reluctantly roll off of her and stare up at the sky.

"The stars. They're beautiful.", You look over at Thalia, who was now gazing at the stars. "Tell me about them", You say. A smile pulls at Thalia's lips. She starts pointing to constellations and telling you stories about them. It was hard to tell how much time had passed, maybe minutes, maybe hours. But you didn't care, as long as you were with her. She finishes her stories about the constellations and looks over at you. You turn your head towards her and you meet her gaze. You silently stare into each other's eyes, this moment felt oddly intimate, and you didn't mind at all. 

"I've never had my first kiss.", You don't know why you said it, or what had brought it upon you, bur the sentence now lingered in the air. Before it could get awkward, you spoke up again. "I'm sorry, I don't know why I said tha-"

"No no no, it's fine!", Replies Thalia. "I just... wow. How has no one ever kissed you before? I mean just look at you.", You hoped Thalia couldn't see the blush that was forming on your face.

"Well... I mean, I'm a hunter of Artemis. So I can't really kiss anyone, can I?", You say. Thalia smirks.

"We only swore off boys, remember? A girl could still kiss you...", Maybe it was just your imagination, but you swear you saw Thalia's eyes drift down to your lips.

"But we can't date or kiss anyone, no matter the gender, right?",  Thalia simply shrugs.

"Breaking one rule wouldn't hurt, right?", Thalia asks. You think about it and nod.

"Well if we did break the rule, who would even want to kiss me?", You ask. Thalia responds with a smile.

"A lot of people. Including a certain daughter of Zeus.", Thalia replies. You stare at her in shock, she wanted to kiss you? The words replayed in your brain, you felt your cheeks heat up.

"You mean... you want to kiss me?", You ask. Thalia nods, which really didn't help your blushing go down.

"I've wanted to for a long time. But whenever we were alone, it just didn't feel like the right time to ask if I could kiss you. But now, under a sky full of stars... it'd be quite romantic, don't you think? I mean, that is if you want to kiss, it's totally fine if you don't, I just-"

"I do. I mean, only if you want to though.", Thalia laughs and smiles.

"Let's just skip all the awkward talking and kiss, huh?", Thalia says. You vigorously nod and sit up so you'll have a better kissing position. Thalia mimics your action and scoots closer to you. She puts a hand on your cheek and slowly caresses your cheek with her thumb. Your heart felt like it was about to leap out of your chest. Thalia leans in and closes the distance in between your lips. You shut your eyes in a bliss and take it in. As you slowly moved your lips against hers, you realized how warm and soft her lips were. You could smell the faint scent of pine and rain. Thalia runs her fingers through your hair and her hand settles on the back of your scalp. She tries to pull you closer, wanting more. You happily oblige and tilt your head to deepen the kiss. You feel her lips start moving faster against yours and you copy her action. Soon you're making out with the daughter of Zeus under a sky full of stars.

When the time comes to pull away for air, you giggle and gaze into Thalia's eyes. She smiles and does the same.

"So, was I a good first kiss?", Thalia asks, out of breath. You smile and nod.

"Oh yeah, definitely.", You lay back down on the ground as does Thalia. This time you cuddle up to her and bury your face into her neck. She grins and wraps her arms around your waist.

"So, you wanna fall asleep under the stars together?", She asks.

"Mhm.", You reply. Thalia replies by pressing a kiss to your head.

"Goodnight, my little dove."

"Goodnight Thals."

And with that, you fall asleep under the stars with your girlfriend. Surely Artemis wouldn't mind, right?

A/N: i'll probably make a part two of this. i just wanted to put something out because i haven't updated this in a while