Simple Things

You wake up to the sound of birds chirping outside, a cool breeze of wind comes through the window. You sit up and stretch. Out of the corner of your eye you see something sitting on top of the nightstand, you look at it and realize it's a note. You stumble out of bed and pick it up to look at it, it reads:

"Hey y/n. Me and the hunters were in the area and we decided to come and visit camp. Meet me at the beach at 6.

-Thalia"

You hold on to the note for a few seconds after reading it, a smile spreads across your face. Thalia was one of your best friends, and you would never admit it to anyone, but you had a crush on her. But she was a hunter, which meant she couldn't date anyone. And it also meant that you rarely got to see her anymore, so her coming to camp always made you excited.

The rest of the day goes by normally, you eat breakfast and train. But you never see Thalia, which isn't unusual because the hunters usually spend most of the time in the Artemis cabin when they come over. 

It was now six o'clock, just an hour until the camp fire. You were currently making your way down to the beach, just like the note had said. The sun was setting, the sunset reflected on the water and the water glistened. Waiting there for you was Thalia, she was sitting on the beach and watching the waves as they softly crashed against the shore. She was dressed in her usual punk attire, a leather jacket with black jeans and combat boots, except she wasn't wearing her lieutenants circlet. You sit down next to her, her gaze shifts from the waves to you, she smiles.

"Hey you"

You smile back.

"Hey. I got the note, why exactly are we here?"

"Well... we're here because of two things. One is this"

Thalia unzips one of the pockets on her jacket and reaches inside. She pulls out a bracelet, it's made up of rainbow beads. You hold your wrist out and she puts it on you.

"I made it for you. The rainbow is because, y'know, you like girls"

You chuckle.

"I do indeed like girls"

You turn your wrist back and forth, admiring the bracelet. It was simple, but sometimes it's the simple things that mean the most.

"Thank you Thals, I love it. Now, what's the other thing?"

"Well... um..."

The swallows and looks down, she starts tracing circles on her pants.

"Well I think you're really cool and beautiful, not to mention you have a great taste in music. So I was wondering if... gods, I can't believe I'm doing this. I was wondering if... if you wanted to be my girlfriend"

You could feel yourself blushing. You take Thalia's hand and gently squeeze it.

"Thals... I had no idea you felt the same way... of course I'll be your girlfriend"

Thalia grins and rubs her thumb back and forth against your hand. She looks up at you and gazes into your eyes.

"Can I kiss you?"

You nod.

"Please do"

She smiles and cups your face in her hands. She pulls your face closer to hers and closes the distance in between your lips, you close your eyes as you move your lips against hers. It seems to last forever, until you need to pull away for air. You smile and rest your forehead against Thalia's, but the smile quickly fades away as a wave of realization washes over you.

"Wait... what about the hunt? Aren't you not supposed to date anyone?"

Thalia shrugs.

"I'm gonna quit"

"Really? I don't want to get in the way-"

"You're not getting in the way, I want to be with you. And if that means I have to quit the hunt then I guess I'll quit the hunt"

Your smile returns and you plant a kiss on Thalia's cheek.

"You're the best"

The campfire rolls around, and the entire time you grin and sneak glances at your girlfriend. Eventually curfew rolls around. You were in the Zeus cabin waiting for Thalia because she said you could spend the night in her cabin. You lay in silence for a few minutes until you hear the door open. Thalia walks in and immediately walks over to the bed, she kicks off her shoes and lays down next to you. You turn so that you're laying face to face with her, she smiles.

"So, what happened?"

"Well, I quit. They were really understanding, they said they'd miss me, but they're happy for me"

"Are you sure you want to do this? I don't want to hold you back"

Thalia gently kisses you on the lips.

"I'm positive I want to do this"

You smile and snuggle up to her, she rests her head on top of yours.

"Goodnight Thals"

She kisses the top of your head.

"Goodnight darling"