Surprises

You were on your bunk in the Hades cabin, wrapped up in the covers. You hear the door creek open and you hear the sound of footsteps approach your bed.

"Morning Nico..." You say, thinking it's your brother.

"Not quite. Close, but I'm more punk rock, not emo." The voice replies. You recognize the voice and peak out from under the covers. Standing there was your girlfriend, Thalia Grace.

"Thals!"

"Sunshine!" You never understood why that was her nickname for you, since you were a child of death, and definitely not sunshiny.But you didn't care, Thalia made it sound cute. She pulls the covers up and climbs into bed with you. You snuggle up to her, enjoying the warmth radiating from your girlfriend. She wraps her arms around you and presses a kiss to your forehead, which makes you smile.

"I have a surprise for you in the Zeus cabin when you're ready." Thalia says. You look up at her, wondering what the surprise was.

"What is it?"

"If I told you what it was, it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it my love?" Thalia replies. You frown, before remembering that you can shadow travel. Shadows consume you and Thalia, and in the blink of an eye you're in the Zeus cabin.

"Gods! You need to stop doing that without warning!" Thalia says as she smiles. You spot the surprise, it looked like she made a fort out of blankets. You smile, thinking it was a cute gesture.

"You made a blanket fort for me?" You ask.

"Mhm! Come inside!" Thalia says as she drags you inside the blanket fort. There were all your favorite books in a basket. You smile and press a kiss to Thalia's lips.

"I love it, thank you." You pick a book out of the basket and start flipping through the pages. Thalia pulls you into her lap, which makes you squeal in delight.

"I thought I'd combine some of your favorite things. Books, and sitting in my lap." Thalia says before kissing your neck a few times. You giggle and she wraps her arms around your waist. You start reading the book in your girlfriends lap, happy to have her in your life.