I Quit

You were currently training in the sword fighting area. As you went to decapitate one of the dummies you felt someone lay a hand on your shoulder, which made you jump. You turned to scold them about not touching someone when they're wielding a weapon because it could end fatally, but as your eyes were met with electric blue hues you instantly shut up. It was Thalia Grace, the girl you've had a crush on for years. You drop your sword and wrap your arms around her, you barely got to see her anymore because she joined the Hunters of Artemis, they were always traveling the world and hunting monsters, so seeing her was very rare. She hugs back, she smelt like rain and faintly of pine.

"Thals!"

You pull away, still smiling.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be out doing lieutenant of Artemis stuff?"

Thalia smiles, you had a feeling it was forced.

"Yeah... 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 to be. I, um... I'm sorry about interrupting you"

She gestures to the dummies that you were just stabbing and slicing a minute ago.

"But... I need to talk to you about something, in private. Can you meet me in the Zeus cabin?"

"Yeah, of course. I just have to go clean up. I'll meet you there in a few minutes, sound good?"

Thalia nods. After you're done cleaning up you walk over to the Zeus cabin. Thalia was sitting on the edge of her bed bouncing her knee, she seemed nervous about something. She hears the door open and meets your gaze, she smiles.

"Hey y/n"

"Hey. So, what did you want to talk about?"

You sit next to her on the bed, she drums her fingers against her leg and stares at the ground.

"I... I think I made a stupid decision. I..."

She takes a deep breath before continuing.

"I quit the hunt."

You stare at her, it was definitely surprising. She seemed so happy in the hunt, something big must've happened for her to quit.

"Why? I mean, I support your decision, but why did you quit? I mean, it seemed to make you happy"

Thalia shifts her gaze from the floor to the ceiling.

"It's stupid... I mean, I don't even know if they like me back, it might've been for nothing"

Your heart sinks, you felt jealous. You wanted to believe that she liked you, but you didn't know if she even liked girls.

"You... quit because you liked someone?"

Thalia nods, still staring at the ceiling. You tried to hide your jealousy. Now it was your turn to stare at the floor.

"Who is it?"

Thalia looks from the ceiling to you, you look up from the floor and your e/c eyes stare into her electric blue ones.

"You have no idea how badly I want to tell you who it is, but... I can't."

You simply nod.

"It's okay, I understand"

"Do you think I made the right decision?"

You forced yourself to stop being jealous, your best friend needed your advice right now.

"Do you think the persons worth quitting the hunt for?"

Thalia nods, still staring at you.

"Definitely. I'd do it all over again for them, but they're 𝘸𝘢𝘺 out of my league"