THIRTY EIGHT

(FINAL CHAPTER)

Jimin is at the hospital for a check-up. He was waiting to see the doctor when he saw a familiar face.

"Dahyun?" he mumbled and he was right. They had their eyes contacted and Dahyun slowly curved her lips into a smile. She walks forward to him and awkwardly greets him, "Hi Jiminie."

"It's been a long time," he said smiling back as he stands up.

"What are you doing here?" she asked in curiosity.

"Just annual check-up. Umm, how are you?"

"I am doing fine. I am assisting some of our beneficiaries for a free dental service. Anyway, how is Jeongyeon Unnie?"

"She's great. Busy with our two kids. How about your brother? Taehyung-ah? Got no news about him."

Dahyun uneasily scratched her head, "He had mental therapy after what happened years ago. He was so guilty especially when he learned that you were in a coma. I am really sorry for the things that my brother had done to you and Jeongyeon unnie. Up until now I still feel ashamed by it..."

"Jeongyeon told me everything but yeah, past is past. We have forgiven your brother. I have to thank you for deleting the files."

"Well, it was the right thing to do."

"By the way, is he still undergoing the theraphy?"

"He had finished the session two years ago. Currently, he's in Taiwan for his cafe expansion and according to him, he met his dream girl there."

"Jjinja? Tell him that I am happy for him."

"He will cry for sure."

"I will be in Taiwan next week, maybe your brother and I can meet up. Will you help me set an appointment with him?"

"Sure, that would be awesome. He has been aiming to meet you."

Jimin nodded smiling feeling the same way. He wants a reconcilation as he doesn't want to leave the world with unresolved issues in the past. He doesn't still know what his condition is since this is the first time that he will be having a check-up but thinking of possibilities, he had contemplated for the past weeks that he wants to make peace with his past and that includes Taehyung.

"I am looking forward to that," he said with a sincere smile.

Suddenly the client inside the doctor's office went out and the nurse assisting the patient then signed Jimin to come in.

"I need to get in," Jimin said excusing himself to Dahyun.

"Sure. Nice seeing you again Jiminie. Tell Jeongyeon unnie I said hi and I miss her advices."

"I will and don't forget the appointment."

"I'll send an email about it," Dahyun assured while walking away.

"Thank you. Bye," Jimin entered the room and carefully closed the door. With a nervous heart, he faced the doctor.

•••

After Jimin's health appointment, he went back to his office to finish some paper works. He came home around seven in the evening finding Jeongyeon breastfeeding their son while she sits on the bed beside Yu Ji who's already sleeping. She is reading the book that Nayeon sent her five years ago.

"You are finally reading it?" Jimin chuckled as he crawls on the bed and kissed Yu Ji's forehead.

"I am near to the end and I am hating it."